Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 4


Another week. another couple of exciting match ups. let's get to it. **for explanation of picture, please read the notes at the end of my predictions*

TOP Match-up of the week: odoyle RULES vs JUSTINA OWNS


I am calling it now. J-Chubs will no longer be undefeated after this week.

QB:I am still not sold on Fitzpatrick no matter how good he's been so far. When you compare Cam and see how he's done, DESPITE playing slipe n slide in a monsoon last Sunday, his numbers are still pretty awesome. Plus I think he has more confidence now after his first NFL win. Edge: odoyle RULES

RB:McCoy and MJD have favorable match-ups but so do Rice and Forte. I believe the weakest out of this group is Forte. He's rather inconsistent but let's be real. Carolina's D-line isn't all that hot. The Jags have a sorry offense outside of MJD (the reason why I dropped Marcedes Lewis) because Gabbert is an unproven rookie. (unlike Cam) :D Although Rice would have been my #1 pick overall, he's going to have a tough week against the Jets D. Edge: odoyle RULES

WR:Calvin Johnson aka Megatron. (is all that needs to be said) Edge: JUSTINA OWNS

TE:Although I like Olsen and his upside, I don't think he can out produce Vernon Davis. could be a hit or miss. i'm going to say miss this week. Edge: JUSTINA OWNS

K:(again, not much needs to be said here) MY NUMBER ONE JOHN KASAY! *maybe i should try and steal him from Tim.. hmmm Edge: odoyle RULES

DEF:Indy probably has the worst offense in the league right now. Steelers are always great but they're going up against a potent Texans offense. Edge: odoyle RULES

Prediction: odoyle RULES (edge in 4 categories) wins while JUSTINA SUCKS (this week edge in 2 categories) **ps - noticed how while i was secretly dissing justina's team from 'owns' to 'sucks' this week.. i put it in Carolina blue. jus sayin. ;)


Match-up of the lowly of lowly again: RelientK vs aaronisyourdaddy


QB:Although Eli did surprisingly well last week (too bad Laura didn't play him) I don't think it'll be a weekly occurrence. Rodgers is a top 3 QB week in and out. Laura better hope Eli plays well again but I think Peyton plays better than Eli this week. Edge: aaronisyourdaddy

RB:
Turner the "burner.. bust" will get back to form this week against the Seahawks. I also like Bradshaw agains tthe Cards. Aaron's team just looks downright awful in just about every category besides QB.. Sproles and Hillis (sickness) are his starting RBs?! may God help him. Edge: RelientK

WR:Fitz is still a tier 1 WR no matter how much coverage he may get. (did you guys see that end zone TD catch last week?! CRAZY. over 2 tightly covered people defending him) Mike Williams is bound to start breaking out. Nicks is the only reliable (and sometimes semi-reliable WR) for Aaron. even he's iffy with Eli at the helm for them. Lloyd just plain sucks. I think last year was a fluke for him. Edge: RelientK

TE:Witten > Fred Davis (by a mile... okay maybe like a billion miles) Edge: RelientK

K:meh. I'll flip a coin. Heads=Laura/Tails=Aaron I see Lincoln. Edge: RelientK

DEF:Defending champs over New England's horrid secondary Edge: aaronisyourdaddy

Prediction:
RelientK (4) wins over aaronisyourdaddy (2) finally a win for Laura so she is no longer the lone loser in the league this year. yay!



Match-up of the top teams: Rainbow Warriors vs what's poppin slime


QB:Tom Brady out duels Schaub because even though he has a potent offense, Polomalu will concuss Schaub sometime shortly after the game starts. That, or James Harrison breaks him in half. Edge: Rainbow Warriors

RB:AP is all day as they say and they can't keep him at bay and we all say heyyyyyyy (okay i'm done being stupid) I like Mathews and Jackson but Mathews is iffy with an ankle. He's listed as probable but I still don't have a good feeling about it. I owned him last year w/ my 2nd pick overall and he did nothing for me. Therefore, I hate him. :) Edge: Rainbow Warriors

WR:
Is it that difficult to stop Welker? I mean the guy only some 5'11 and no more than 160lbs. I guess it's good be smaller when you're white? Who knows. I have no explanation. V-Jax is questionable but I think he will play (mainly so Rivers will do well for me). David's WR's are pretty decent also. Another toss up because of so many injuries to these WR's this week and their statuses. Edge: Rainbow Warriors

TE:Another Patriot, Gronkowski now.. will continue to tear it up as I predicted last week (especially w/ Hernandez still out) having Gates injured is a big loss for David. He had to settle for McMichael. who is that?? beats me. Edge: Rainbow Warriors

K:Hanson is the top scoring kicker in our league right now (I believe) in that awesome Lions attack. Edge: Rainbow Warriors

DEF:I give Atlanta the edge here because of that sorry excuse for an offense they have in Seattle. Tavaris Jackson for your QB? i'd rather take my chances with Chris Weinke. Edge: what's poppin slime
Prediction: Rainbow Warriors (5) remains undefeated this week against what's poppin slime (1) (what's the meaning to your name david? I understood Arodbagelsall.. although he really didn't cause he's no good at tennis.. although he does have Brooklyn Decker)


Closest match-up of the week: JohnKasay#1 vs Spider Pig

QB:I truly, honestly believe this is the week where my fellow Wolfpacker puts it all together. Rivers passing yards have been phenomenal but his INT's having been killing me the first 3 weeks of the season. He is a slow starter so here's to hoping he turns it around now. Vick is always a threat but his hand worries me. Edge: JohnKasay#1

RB:I don't get my RB's either. I purposely picked RB's who had no work load to share. Mendenhall and Gore are both featured backs yet neither have gotten it going. Wells is doing well but he's questionable with a Hammy injury. Gore has a sprained ankle. My pick up Daniel Thomas (which I have high hopes for to take the job away from Bush) is ALSO injured. All of my RB's are questionable with injuries and have yet to get it going. Even with that said, Luke's RB's suck and will probably produce what I, me, myself (eric san) am able to produce in the league.. well close enough. Edge: JohnKasay#1

WR:I like my WR's a lot more now with Wallace and my pick up of Nate Washington since Britt is out for the year. Moss is old but still consistent. Luke's WR's scare me a bit because they all have big play explosive ability. Another one of those close calls but I shall predict... Edge: Spider Pig

TE:Pettigrew had a monster game last week. some 11 catches for 120yds or something. I dropped Marcedes Lewis so I'm hoping those are numbers Pettigrew can put up over and over again but we shall wait until he has proven it. So Keller gets the nod here. Prediction: Spider Pig

K:Matt Bryant isn't living up to pre-season kicker rankings.. sighhh I guess that's what you get.. plus I read a story that he had chinese food delivered to his house earlier this week and the delivery man robbed him of his golf clubs in his open garage.. $3,000 worth of clubs.. ouch. Prediction: Spider Pig

DEF:Although the Jets are great on defense, I feel the Ravens have the offensive fire power to score a bundle of points. I give my new defense New Orleans the edge here because they're going up against a middle school football team offense in the Jaguars (with the exception that MJD is an over grown 7th grader.. height wise about the same as a 7th grader, but could probably bench press 10 of them stacked on top of each other) Edge: JohnKasay#1

Prediction:
like I said, the closest match up in my opinion this week in our league but JohnKasay#1 (3) wins over Spider Pig (3) because I like my team. The end.



The match-up that no one really cares about but I shall evaluate regardless: THE Pain Train vs Terrific Tortoises

QB:Brees is gonna be breezing his way through Jacksonville in sunny Florida. Flacco will be servicable but the Jets are a force to be reckoned with. I think they hand off to Rice at least 30+ times this game which limits Flacco's upside. Edge: Terrific Tortoises

RB:McFadden. WOW. Greene still sucks, no matter if LT is there or not. (again, another pick I wasted last year) CJ has yet to show up. Could this be the week be breaks it out w/ Britt on IR? David finally decided to play Blount after having him ride the bench all year. (he FINALLY TOOK BUSH OUT) GREAT MOVE! Makes no difference though, because McFabulous will have another monster game. Edge: THE Pain Train

WR:I will say something similar to last week with Calvin Johnson vs all other WR's. Gabs has Andre Johnson while David's best option is Dwayne Bowe? PLEASE. Johnson out scores all 3 of David's WR's alone. **my prediction last week of Justina's Megatron outscoring all of aaron's WR's put together came true did it not?

Calvin Johnson = 22.80
Nicks, Lloyd, & Nelson = 2.50 + 3.80 + 8.40 Total: 14.70

Edge: THE Pain Train

TE:Jermichael Finley has come alive! Edge: THE Pain Train

K:Patriots score too many TD's and don't stall too often. Gostkowski only kicks PAT's. Crosby wins here Edge: THE Pain Train

DEF:Eagles finally get their defense on the same page with Nnamdi and Cromartie-Rogers this week Edge: THE Pain Train

Prediction:
THE Pain Train (5) to Terrific Tortoises (1) David isn't feeling so terrific after this week's match up. Looks brutal but I don't think anyone really cares for this match up this week. Thanks!




**Just a quick side note: Justina and Laura's "rankings and predictions" were hilarious. I literally LOL'd int he lab when I saw how they rated our teams..

totally random and makes no sense and I think they looked something like this w/ their ridiculous algorithm spreadsheets and what not. (see top picture)

-Laura is the guy in red (calm, eh whatever attitude)
-Justina"chubby chub chubs" is the white guy in the hat (due to the uncanny resemblance in looks b/t her and this fella)
-Luke is the black guy (because he thinks he can dance)

Just my two cents on what these 3 looked like w/ their algorithmic spreadsheets.. :D smile!




5 comments:

  1. Haha Eric, that's just a draft board, not an algorithm. But I like the effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I had to make the font bigger - my old eyes can't read so good no more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justina, I don't understand your cryptic languagespeak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. translation: too long; didn't read. Am i right?

    ReplyDelete