Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tim's Power Rankings - Week 8

My how the mighty have fallen..

Power Rankings - Week 8
[Previous Rank in brackets]

1.  (6-1, 813.20 pts) [1] - I said I'd change the photo, so I thought this one would be kind of fitting.  Her loss wasn't that big of a deal, but it kind of was.  It was a tough MNF game to watch, from really all angles of the game.  You could kind of see it coming for Justina, though, with her team being a little shaky as of late due to bye weeks.  I'll forgive her team, and keep it at the top, mainly because she didn't have some of her normal arsenal in play this week.  She's still the team to beat - solid lineup when its full-force, which will be useful come playoff time, when wins really matter.


2.  (5-2, 800.66 pts) [2] -Respectable showing without his superstars.  Jimmy Graham is proving to be a great pickup for Jeff, and Adrian Peterson is still looking good.  Slightly concerned about his WRs, but I think he's going to be knocking on Justina's #1 door pretty soon.


3.  (3-4, 711.84 pts) [4] - It's funny to me that a lot of weeks, the biggest blowout has been given to a team that earned it because the other team sucked so much.  Anyways, I'm still upset I didn't steal Colston from Luke.  It would have been the steal of the century.  Ok, maybe more like the steal of weeks 4-8.  Or longer, now that Hightower is out with his ACL.  Anyways, Luke's now reaping the benefits of David's (and my) folly.  With Vick back and an MJD that's not playing the Ravens defense, I think Luke might have himself a somewhat respectable team.  At least for now.


4.  (4-3, 689.90 pts) [6] - Aaron wisely picked up Hardesty to fill in for Hillis, and it has paid off, at least for this past week.  With Rodgers at the Q, Sproles doing a nice job, Jackson back in action (That kind of rhymes!  All the times!), and a few mediocre-to-unremarkable WRs, Aaron continues to move up the rankings.  He's managing his situation pretty decently, and if he can keep things that way, the future may be bright for him.  He's got a lot of people nipping at his heels, though.  Just look at the photo below.


5.  (4-3, 702.88 pts) [5] - Tebow panned out nicely for Eric this week, but I'm still a doubter, not a believer.  Wallace is the sole shining star on his team (arguably Gore, too), but I think the rest of his team isn't too shabby.  WR3 and RB2 could use some work, but if Tebow delivers the goods, Eric will continue rising.


6.  (3-4, 699.18 pts) [3] - It's always a little unnerving when one player scores half of your points.  Brees saved David's loss from being a total blowout.  The unsettling thing is, his bench didn't really produce either.  He'll struggle to find an adequate RB2, and his WRs are not so hot.  His team is in somewhat of a limbo right now, and his recent inconsistency kicks him down a few notches in the rankings.  Sorry, no love for the tortoises.  Slow and steady won't win fantasy.


7.   (3-4, 706.86 pts) [8] - Looks like Odoyle is back in action.  Thanks to DeMarco Murray.  And no thanks to Ryan Torain.  Negative 0.50 thanks, to be exact.  I refrain from putting my team up too high, because I am fully aware of the gaping holes in my roster.  I've bulked up my WRs a fair amount, with a healthy Dez Bryant and the new acquisition of #89, but my RB2 is somewhat in question.  As long as Murray can run like Forrest, I'll be alright.


8. (3-4, 703.74 pts) [9] - Nice rebound from last week's terrifying performance.  The Arian Foster trade is starting to pay its dividends for David.  His team doesn't move up as much for the same reason as mine.  I think David's team is on the rise, though, with Foster and Mathews at the RB, Nicks and Maclin as WRs, and a surprising Schaub at QB.  I expect his team to start putting up big numbers.  We'll wait until next week before bringing him up further in the rankings - a one spot jump is good enough for now.


9.  (2-5, 638.86 pts) [7] - I don't think I need to explain much here.  Darren McFadden is hurt and half of his team is on bye next week.  Sorry to say, things aren't looking so hot.


10.  (2-5, 630.72 pts) [10] - All I have to say is, Gabs, watch out, because Laura is tired of being at the bottom.  She's at least loaded enough now to get out of last place.  Yay!

8 comments:

  1. Sigh, RIP my perfect record. What's the league record for longest undefeated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7, the year I had Owens, McNabb, and Westbrook all at once. And Eagles Def and LJ Smith. Then Owens and Westbrook got hurt I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah David's right. He was 7-0 back in 2004 (with Tim's Daddy). Ended up 9-5 but lost pretty badly in the playoffs.

    He also holds the longest winning streak, with 9 in 2006 (The Debbinator). That year he started with Westbrook and McNabb, but had a bunch of other good players - Javon Walker, Steve Smith, blah blah.

    Don't ask me how I know all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are scaring me...how do you know this stuff?

    2004 seems so long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its on yahoo haha, its attached to all of our profiles. They keep track of all your teams and records and scores etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about number of weeks as #1?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'd have to do that manually. It gives the results of each matchup in each season, but it doesn't give the change in standings from week to week, only the final standings.

    ReplyDelete