Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tim's Power Rankings - Week 7

Sorry for the late update - this week has been busier than most others.

Just when things were seeming to settle in our league (in terms of consistency of rankings), things got mixed up this week and now the quality of #3-10 teams in the power rankings are muddier than ever.  Arguably, #2 as well.  I've tried my best to discern between the best of the rest, but know that these rankings are very interchangeable.  Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of what I'm doing.  But oh well.


Power Rankings - Week 7
[Previous Rank in brackets]

1.  (6-0, 728.66 pts) [1] - I don't think this needs explaining.  She really is owning our league right now.  I need to find another picture for her team.


2.  (4-2, 697.72 pts) [2] - Oh wait, you need other players to do well in order to win consistently?  Tough week for his RBs, and it ended up hurting him.  He's got a decent amount of RB padding on his bench to get him through these next few weeks.  Question is, does he have enough remaining padding for week 7 when the Patriots are on bye?  And he's up against a RelientK team that is blood-thirsty for more wins?  We'll find out!


3.  (3-3, 612.78 pts) [3] - David has a good team, I've never doubted that.  He's just been unable to have his record properly reflect that.  His RBs definitely have potential but just haven't achieved much consistency.  His WRs are starting to step up a little, and it helps when you have a decent Kicker and Defense.


4.  (2-4, 619.52 pts) [4] - Same story as before - nice WRs, nice QBs, unproven RBs.  Especially now with Best hurt.  But he's been putting up decent numbers as of late.  He probably wishes he could combine all 4 of his bench RBs into one megaRB.  But even so, that megaRB would be pretty sucky.


5.  (3-3, 609.14 pts) [8] - Just giving respect where it's deserved.  A dominant showing in the past few weeks (best one this past week) has taken Eric and his team shooting way up and more.  I still have reservations - he doesn't have a consistent QB (Tebow?  Really?), and only has a serviceable group of WRs.  But with a nice selection of RBs and a strange knack for knowing who to start each week, Eric might have something going for him.


6.  (4-2, 587.96 pts) [7] - Aaron is a prime example of how your record doesn't always translate to the strength of your team.  Quick stat - his points against is the 3rd lowest in the league.  Meaning what?  He's had a (relatively) easy schedule, and hence his record.  Interesting other quick stat - Jeff's team has the lowest points against.  I'm just sayin'.  Anyways.  Aaron's team.  He's got the highest scoring player in the whole league (Rodgers, duh).  I wonder how David feels about that.  He also has the highest scoring RB in the league.  I wonder how David feels about that.  But his RB2 and WRs are pretty close to pitiful.  But I guess I'm one to talk.


7.  (2-4, 574.12 pts) [9] - Having Carson Palmer in Oakland will only make McFadden better.  Gabs has a better team than his record shows, but a lot is still unproven, namely his WRs.  I'm sure he's waiting out on Andre Johnson, which will help once he gets healthy, but Gabs is trying to scrap through in the meantime.  Like most of us down here..  Oh, speaking of which..


8.  (2-4, 594.82 pts) [6] - Yeah, two terrible weeks with no real hope for improvement in the near future definitely justify my low ranking.  Yes, I have a great QB, yes I have two pretty solid RBs, but I have nothing at the WR.  Only wishful thinking.  Not even John Kasay can save me from this misery.  Here is a short video on what has happened to my team:



9.  (2-4, 587.40 pts) [5] - David's gotten the short end of some of these trades (see Aaron's team above) - at least that's my gut analysis of it all.  Maybe he has a better plan behind it all.  Or maybe not, because I'm starting to doubt his trading judgment abilities.  He recommended that I not trade Hightower for Colston, and I actually listened to him.  I'm now kicking myself for it.  Ok, enough David-bashing.  Now to bash his team.  Just kidding - it looks good on paper.  As in, looks good in the Sunday paper, but not so good in the Monday paper.  Get it?  It's like teleportation.  Yeah, in theory it's great and seems like it would work well - all you have to do is make your cells travel super faster than the speed of light.  But for some reason, it just doesn't work out.  I don't know why.


10.  (2-4, 538.06 pts) [10] - Her team comes up big this week, mostly thanks to her RBs.  I can buy that Turner will continue to put up decent numbers, but Bradshaw with 31 points won't happen often enough to make Laura's team scary.  Still very iffy at the QB and WR positions.  But hey, she's got the same record as half of the other teams in our league.  So I guess that counts for something.

1 comment:

  1. This was my favorite one yet, and not just because you think my team is the obvious #1. I can only try to imagine how much I'll love the next one, when my team picture doesn't make me shudder.

    ReplyDelete