Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Laura and Justina Make Awards - Week 5

Whew, that was an interesting weekend, huh?  I can't wait to see the damage it's wreaked on our prediction ratings. This week's awards are written by Laura:



Can't Catch a Break award goes to odoyle rules!

This is how my Sunday night went: "Oh, look! I only need 11 points to beat Tim - I'm going to watch the game." I cheered for every yard Michael Turner gained, after his TD I thought for sure he could gain a few more yards - half a game left!

Half time: cook dinner, eat really fast.
Third quarter: watch in horror as Atlanta's offense stinks and GB gains the lead.
Fourth quarter: cheer wildly as Turner has an eight yard run and puts me ahead, 73.20 - 72.36.

THAT WAS THE SCORE WHEN I WENT TO BED. I did have the thought that a stat correction could change things, but I was just excited to have won a game! Or so I thought. So imagine my surprise when I woke up Monday morning to find that 2 extra points had been given to Tim's defense to put him on top. WHAT IN THE WORLD??

Tuesday morning: It's back to 73.20 - 72.36, all is right in fantasy world.  Yahoo, quit playin'! YAY I WON A GAME

Tim: Man, that stinks. You've lost two in a row, each by less than a point, to myself and Justina. The good news? You aren't playing a girl next week. Hey, maybe your team should start hanging out with mine near the bottom of the power rankings. Then it wouldn't have to fall so far.


U MAD BRO? award goes to JohnKasay#1

  

First off, I think it's great that you were the only one who picked your team to win, against an undefeated Jeff, no less. I apologize for writing your team off and calling them ugly. Congrats! Justina says thanks for making her the only undefeated team in the league.

That being said, you might want to dial down the hate this week...it won't compensate for the ugliness of your team and I don't think it worked well for you in your predictions (2-3) and was it just me or did "and I'm pissed" look scary in that font?

P.S. Ugliness doesn't have to equal nastiness, thank you!


Finally, here is my bomb roommate Terrific Tortoises with a special message:

"To: Eric
From: David Li"


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment