Thursday, October 2, 2014

Predictions: Week 5

Week 4 Predictions Record: (4-2)
Overall Predictions Record: (11-13)

Odoyle rules! v. Seenie J
QB
Andrew Luck has been doing better than Jay Cutler this season, but Cutler is playing a hurting Panthers Defense that has been eaten apart by so-so QBs the past two weeks (Big Ben and Joe Flacco).  It's a slight advantage, but I'm liking my matchup in this one.
Advantage: Odoyle rules!

WR
Jeff added Maclin, which will give his WRs a much-needed boost.  I'm not big on Crabtree, since he's been up-and-down, but Quick will likely add a few extra points.  I like my not-superstars-but-still-get-work-done WRs, but not enough to go up against Maclin and crew.
Advantage: Seenie J

RB
Sure, Forte is going to run all over the Panthers struggling D, but Justin Forsett won't be scoring more than 10 points this week for Jeff.  I'm liking my matchups with Le'Veon Bell against Jacksonville and McCoy against St. Louis.  Shady do me right, PLZ.
Advantage: Odoyle rules! 

TE
I have no idea what my TE situation is going to be like, and Dwayne Allen has been impressive the past two weeks.
Advantage: Seenie J

K/DEF
I think Philly D will do well against the Rams for Jeff, and the other matchups don't look all too impressive.
Advantage: Seenie J

Winner: Odoyle rules!
Even though Jeff's team wins more categories, I think his advantage in those categories (WR, TE, and K/DEF) isn't enough to overcome my advantage at RB.  I really am hoping Shady will blow up against a weak St. Louis Defense and I can finally feel good about giving up Aaron Rodgers for him.



Mo Murray Less Probs v. The Pain Train
QB
Neither QB has been stellar, but Drew Brees has been a little more consistent, and is at least facing an easy TB Defense.
Advantage: The Pain Train

WR
Neither team has amazing WRs, but Gabs's looks like they're struggling a little more than Justina's.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

RB
DeMarco!!  99 points - calling it right now.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

TE
You know I favor Greg Olsen, but Julius is back in action for Gabs, and he'll need all the points he can get.
Advantage: The Pain Train

K/DEF
It's kind of a wash in my mind, but Justina might get a slight advantage with Dallas D playing Houston over KC D over SF.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

Winner: Mo Murray Less Probs
Partly because I think it's what will happen but also partly because I forgot to tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY.

That face, though.


Unicorn Burps v. GHOTEM
QB
Peyton Manning.  Do I really have to do the rest of this?  David's team is virtually unbeatable right now.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

WR
Marshall, Green, Hopkins v. Edelman, Hilton, Floyd.  You do the math.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

RB
Maybe Andrew has a fighting chance if both Gore and Charles do well.  It's not impossible.  But Marshawn is back and Rashad Jennings is up against an easy Atlanta Defense.  I think Unicorn is the safe pick here.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

TE
Larry Donnell isn't even playing that consistently, but I'd take him over Jordan Cameron or Jason Witten all day.  David was smart enough to play him last week, unlike Larry Donnell, who benched himself for Vernon Davis WUT.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

K/DEF
This is where Andrew will have to shine.  Seattle Defense with 50 points!!
Advantage: GHOTEM

Winner: Unicorn Burps
So now it's become the Timmy Curse v. David's Willpower showdown.  IT'S ON!!! GHOTEMyback.  No, but seriously, I think David will win - I'm not actively trying to curse him.  Like I said before, his team is virtually unbeatable now.  And even Yahoo! is predicting a David Lin win.  So it's GHOTEMberight.



Charlotte Hornets v. Terrific Tortoises
QB
Philip Rivers has been finding his groove, while Cam Newton has not.  :(
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

WR
Looks like David has more faith in KB than he does Andre Johnson, and I don't blame him.  Unluckily for him, he's up against some stiff competition this week with Abraham's beast WRs.  Antonio Brown has been playing off the charts, Alshon Jeffery is solid, and Aaron Rodgers seems to have found a groove, which bodes well for Randall Cobb.  David's WRs have pretty cushy matchups this week, but I'm liking Abraham's WRs.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

RB
Gio alone will likely outscore Gerhart and Ball combined.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

TE
Abraham has gotten some good usage out of his waiver-pickup Walker.  I think he'll still be good for more points.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

K/DEF
I like the Shayne Graham / Indy D combo that Abraham has up his sleeve.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

Winner: Charlotte Hornets
Abraham's team is on a 3-game win streak, and I don't think it'll be stopping anytime soon.



I'm Coming Home. v. #SOverySHADY
QB
Double A-Ron Rodgers seems to have found a rhythm.  Big Ben might still play well, but I think Rodgers has the upper hand here.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

WR
I can't ignore the fact that Duke has Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, and what I assume will be Andre Johnson.  But all have been unimpressive at times.  Eric has Jordy, Reggie Wayne, and new member Emmanuel Sanders.  I like how Eric's WRs have been playing over Duke's, but this is given that at any moment, any or all of Duke's WRs could blow Eric's out of the water.  So I'm reluctant to make this call, but my gut tells me to go with...
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

RB
No question here.  Duke has RBs that actually will play.
Advantage: I'm Coming Home.

TE
Martellus has just been more impressive than Gronk, plus Bennett is up against Carolina.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

K/DEF
Pittsburgh D has a better chance against Jacksonville than Denver D against Arizona, plus Duke's got the better kicker.
Advantage: I'm Coming Home

Winner: #SOverySHADY
It hinges on the WR battle.  If Eric can pull that out, he'll have the win.  Big if, though.



Chou Chainz v. Spider Pig
QB
Matt Ryan - easy pick.
Advantage: Spider Pig

WR
Luke gets Demaryius back, who I think will do better.  I think.  Plus, Aaron's WRs aren't that impressive
Advantage: Spider Pig

RB
Asiata seems to be getting the work done with AP out, and Arian Foster, if healthy, will be better than Aaron's RBs.  But even if Arian can't play, Luke has better options on his bench than Aaron does.
Advantage: Spider Pig

TE
Jimmy Graham - only thing keeping Aaron in it.
Advantage: Chou Chainz

K/DEF
Wouldn't be surprised if Luke's Kicker made bank this week.  Because both of their defenses aren't looking too promising.
Advantage: Spider Pig

Winner: Spider Pig
And this is Aaron's team at full force?

1 comment: