Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Power Rankings: Week 9

Invariably, around this time of the season, I start getting discouraged and / or depressed at how ridiculous my fantasy football team is doing.  This season has been no exception.  My team has reached a all-season-low with a forgettable loss, but the only way to go from here is up.  I refuse to acknowledge the sadness of my team.

However, the playoff probability chart bids me to do otherwise:
Eric, with his impressive Week 8 performance, has surpassed me in probability of making the playoffs.  Granted, his 17.31% chance over my 11.99% is not a big difference, but this is a much different story than two weeks ago.  It looks like he and I will be fighting for that last spot, unless Gabs's team continues to rise and / or David Li's team continues to fall.  These next few weeks will be very telling, since me, Eric, David Li, and Justina will be playing each other at some point before the season is over.  Those could be crucial playoff-deciding matchups.

In spite of the upsets this past week, there wasn't much of a shakeup in the rankings, simply because it wasn't fair to rank teams just on one week's performance.  So, still considering the entire season's body of work for each team, I present to you this week's rankings:


1. Charlotte Hornets (6-2) [1]

There's no denying Abraham's current dominance in this league.  Having 3 Defenses may be playing to his favor, seeing as how he's getting a ridiculous number of points from them.  Is he planning 2 weeks ahead for defensive favorable matchups??  Genius.


2. Seenie J (5-3) [2]

Jeff continues to make bank with that Maclin trade.  Brian Quick, not so much, but overall he's stillgot a strong team.


3. Spider Pig (5-3) [3]

Valiant effort, but that Torrey Smith just played your heart.  He's not worth the heartbreak, take it from his previous owner.  Who happens to be in 9th place but whatevs.


4. Unicorn Burps (5-3) [4]

David's team is on the mend, but these past few weeks have been Unicorn Hiccups - he's too active of a manager not to rebound and end the season strong.


5. DeMarco Da Murrier (4-4) [5]

Not sure if she meant to not play a Defense, but whatever strategy she had didn't help her this past week.  Her team's recent bout of inconsistency has me slightly concerned, but she definitely has potential moving forward.


6. I'm Coming Home. (6-2) [7]

2nd in the league, but 7th in the points for category.  I don't know how he's doing it, but he needs to give my team some of that.  Out of respect, I will bump his team up a little.


7. Terrific Tortoises (4-4) [6]

Whoa, Percy Harvin got 5 points!  Anyone got an RB2 for David?  One that will actually perform consistently?


8. #myteamSUCKS (3-5) [10]

Eric's team is on the rise, watch out.  Oh, and I get to play him this week.  Great.  At least it won't be Rodgers beating me, only Emmanuel Sanders.  The bitter pill will be only half as hard to swallow.


9. Odoyle rules! (3-5) [8]

I refuse to believe my team is that bad.


10. jaMAULing time (2-6) [9]

Andrew's constant team-name changing didn't help him win this past week, but at least Jamaal Charles looks to be back.  And since Russell Wilson and TY Hilton are the only players worth mentioning on his team, and they've already been used, what will he change his team name to next??


11. The Pain Train (3-5) [11]

The upset I didn't call happened!  With help from KC Defense and... Brandon LaFell??  Oh yeah, and I guess it helped that Drew Brees did well.  If Gabs can pull out another impressive week, he might be a serious contender for that last playoff spot.  For now, I'll keep him down here.


12. Chou Chainz (2-6) [12]

I know for a fact Aaron's team is still ugly.  Mine was just uglier this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment