Thursday, October 23, 2014

Predictions: Week 8

Week 7 Predictions Record: (2-4)
Overall Predictions Record: (22-20)


I will say that this week, more so than previous weeks, has the most potential for upsets.  I didn't predict any, but I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron beat me, Andrew beat Jeff, and Eric beat David Li.  I want to say at least one of those upsets is going to happen.  Which might make my predictions irrelevant, if I'm predicting against my predictions, but whatever.


*~*Game Of The Week*~*

David Lin's team once again makes GOTW, and once again, it's against a tough team.

Unicorn Burps v. Charlotte Hornets
QB
It'll be a shootout between Manning and Rivers.  Have to go with Manning riding his record-breaking weekend momentum into Thursday night, though.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

WR
It looks like AcidJazz Green might be out for another week.  Without him, David's WRs are no match for Abraham's.  Even with him, David's WRs fall short.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

RB
Marshawn should run all over Carolina, and Abraham is left scratching his head about what to do with his RB2 spot.  Uh oh.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

TE
Neither TE is that great (Reed doesn't have a decent QB throwing to him), but Reed shows more promise.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

K/DEF
Miami D should stuff Jacksonville pretty easily.  Gostkowski is still #1 Kicker, too.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

Winner: Charlotte Hornets
Abraham's team is going to have to win with its WRs, and I think it's doable.  Assuming he finds an RB2 that can get him at least 5 points (which might be a big assumption), I think his team will do what it's done the first half of the season - surprise me with winning games it probably shouldn't be winning.



Remaining Games

Odoyle rules! v. Chou Chainz

Winner: Odoyle rules!
All I'm going to say is I better not lose this one.



DeMarco Da Murrier v. I'm Coming Home.
QB
I never thought I'd meet the day when I saw Tony Romo winning a matchup against Matthew Stafford.  But Dallas has been beasting it.
Advantage: I'm Coming Home.

WR
Justina benefits from having VJax back in her lineup, but Duke's got a WR corps filled with big names.  However, I think that's all they are - big names, no substance.  Especially Fitzgerald.
Advantage: DeMarco Da Murrier

RB
Dat DeMarco + LaMiller combo doe.
Advantage: DeMarco Da Murrier

TE
I'm surprising myself a little here, but I think Olsen will be heavily relied upon when Carolina is trying to play catch up from behind and Cam desperately needs someone to throw it to.  Granted, the Patriots could be in the same predicament.  But I like Olsen better in this one for some inexplicable reason.
Advantage: DeMarco Da Murrier

K/DEF
Only because Pittsburgh Defense against Indy probably won't do so hot.
Advantage: DeMarco Da Murrier

Winner: DeMarco Da Murrier
Ok, maybe this will be the week that begins Duke's team's slide.  Or maybe I should stop hating on Duke's team.



WILSONNNN v. Seenie J
QB
I have a feeling Russell is going to tear Carolina's Defense to shreds.
Advantage: WILSONNNN

WR
Jeff has Maclin back, but I actually think Andrew's WRs will do better this week.  Just a hunch.
Advantage: WILSONNNN

RB
Even if Jamaal doesn't have a concussion and doesn't sit out on Sunday, Jeff's RBs have proven themselves throughout the season.  And I don't know why he's so stingy about Sproles.  It's not like he'll be playing this Sunday anyways, so he won't do much better than Andrew's other RB - Jonathan Stew... oh wait, nvmd.
Advantage: Seenie J

TE
Dwayne Allen has Andrew Luck throwing to him.  Jordan Cameron has... wait, who is Cleveland's QB right now?  Tim Tebow?
Advantage: Seenie J

K/DEF
Seattle's Defense has been pretty atrocious, and even though they're up against Carolina, I'm slightly favoring Philly D, even up against Arizona.
Advantage: Seenie J

Winner: Seenie J
I think this one will be closer than you may think.  I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew pulled out the upset.  He wants that last playoff spot bad.



The Pain Train v. Spider Pig
QB
Matt Ryan hasn't been super impressive.  We'll go with Brees on this one.
Advantage: The Pain Train

WR
Demaryius, however, will probably outscore all three of Gabs's WRs.
Advantage: Spider Pig

RB
And I wouldn't be surprised if Arian Foster scored more than both of Gabs's RBs.
Advantage: Spider Pig

TE
Julius Thomas may have had a setback, but he'll be needed this Thursday in the Denver-San Diego shootout.
Advantage: The Pain Train

K/DEF
Gabs may have a slight advantage with Hauschka against Carolina and KC Defense against St. Louis.  But the advantage is ever so slight.
Advantage: The Pain Train

Winner: Spider Pig
Gabs wins in category numbers, but the deficit of his losses at WR and RB will be too large to earn his team a victory.  My, how the mighty have fallen.



#myteamSUCKS v. Terrific Tortoises
QB
Aaron Rodgers is going to destroy New Orleans D.
Advantage: #myteamSUCKS

WR
David's wise patience and planning at this position will continue to pay off as his two rookies will flourish in their respective games.  Even with Eric's tricky Denard Robinson WR/RB play.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

RB
Eric does a good job in picking up Tre Mason, and he may actually be a solid rest-of-the-season pickup, too.  Unlike someone else Eric picked up earlier in the season (starts with a K and rhymes with Bile).  But let's be real, Gio Bernard had a bad week last week and will bounce back this week.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

TE
Bennett is questionable, so I'd rather bet on the TE that will likely play.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

K/DEF
Both teams have Defenses that are in favorable matchups, but I think Eric's Kicker will give him the slight edge here.
Advantage: #myteamSUCKS

Winner: Terrific Tortoises
David needs some redemption after a poor showing last week.  Against a struggling Eric's team, this is a good week for that redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment