Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday Waiver Frenzy

Ok, I definitely didn't see half of that coming.  But I'm still learning about this FAAB waiver system, so what do I know?  These are my thoughts, for those that care to read:

  • $51 for Knile Davis was steep.  I knew Eric needed an RB, but of all the teams that I thought would put a bid on Davis because of need for an RB (me, Andrew, Abraham, Luke, Gabs, Eric, Jeff), I thought for sure either Andrew or Luke would splurge for him.  Nothing over $50, though, especially since Jamaal could be back in the lineup as early as a few weeks if the Chiefs are actually being truthful about his injury.  Eric made a bold move, and it'll pay off in the short-term, but we'll find out if it was worth the cashmoniez in the long-term.

  • David Lin went to town this week as well, but instead of putting all his eggs in one basket, he put three big eggs in three different baskets, going $30 for Kirk Cousins, $25 for Brian Quick, and $20 for Larry Donnell.  And so now he has a measly $25 left to buy another Brian Quick.  He was clearly desperate for some additions to his team, but IMO might have gone a little overboard with the bidding.  I can understand his Cousins bid, especially since David has desperately been looking for a QB upgrade.  For the price and potential, it was a solid pickup.  The other bids had me scratching my head a little.  Brian Quick is looking like the Rams's top receiving option, but that's not saying much - not $25 much.  And $20 for a seemingly-up-and-coming TE in Larry Donnell is surprising.  But I'm going to assume David knows what he's doing, and even if he doesn't, he'll at least have a better week of scoring this week because of these pickups.  Just keep an eye out, ladies and gents - if that $25 remaining waiver money for David goes mysteriously up between now and the end of the season, there's gon' be hallerin' up in hur.

  • I had my eye on Donald Brown, but Luke outbid me for him.  $28 would have been too high in my book anyways, but I think it'll be a nice addition to Pig's unstable RB situation.  At least for a few weeks.  Solid pickup for a decent price.

  • Khiry Robinson was a good pickup for Gabs, but $13 might be hoping for too much.  He'll be a good player to stash on the bench and see how things go this week before bringing him out to play for the next month that Ingram is out.

  • In hindsight, I think I could have gotten Niles Paul and Jonathan Stewart for less than the $11 I bid between the two, but honestly, I wanted Paul, and Stewart was my backup in case I didn't get Donald Brown, and at the end of the day, I'm just glad I didn't have to break bank for them.  I'll live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment