Thursday, September 18, 2014

Predictions: Week 3

Week 2 Predictions Record: (1-5)
Overall Predictions Record: (5-7)

I was a little off with my predictions from last week, but I'm still just happy the Odoyles beat the Unicorns, so #YOLO.

Odoyle rules! v. GHOTEM
QB
I think Russell will have an added pep in his step in the Super Bowl rematch after a tough loss from Week 2, especially playing at home.  But I'm liking the prospect of a pass-fest between Rodgers and the Lions a little better.
Advantage: Odoyle rules!

WR
I haven't even decided for sure who I'm going to start - Welker and / or Sanders are going to be last-minute decisions.  But regardless, my WRs have too many question marks to solidly put them ahead of Andrew's.  I'm half-expecting Pierre-Jean to blow up with Cousins at QB.
Advantage: GHOTEM

RB
It looks like Andrew didn't get what he wanted off of waivers, which was really his only hope to have a semi-respectable RB lineup this week.  Now, my less-than-respectable RB lineup will look like superstars against his.
Advantage: Odoyle rules!

TE
I like Cousins-to-Niles over Romo-to-Witten.
Advantage: Odoyle rules!

K/DEF
Seattle Defense against Denver offense is going to be a tough one, but it'll be in Seattle, so I'm ok conceding the advantage here.
Advantage: GHOTEM

Winner: Odoyle rules!
Let's hope I don't jinx myself this time, because a loss is just as likely.



Mo Murray Less Probs v. Unicorn Burps
QB
David has QB woes, so this one should be a shoo-in.  Even if he starts Cousins, I'm liking Stafford passing a buttload to keep up with the Packers.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

WR
Even with the possible loss of AdrienJacquecousteau Green (he's supposed to suit up!), David's WRs are superior to Justina's.  I think he might outscore her if he only started 2 WRs, honestly.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

RB
Clearly, DeMarco Murray has been treating Justina well, so she aptly names her team after him, as has been her tradition in the past.  For David and Marshawn, the Seahawks might abandon their run game early if Denver goes up quickly, but Rashad Jennings seems to be doing alright.  It's a close call, but I'll go with a tiny advantage, just because of the name change, to...
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

TE
I love me some Greg Olsen on Sunday Night!
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

K/DEF
Justina has been killing it with picking the right Defenses the first two weeks, so I'll give this one to her too.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

Winner: Mo Murray Less Probs
David was blaming me for making him lose last week, so I won't pick his team to win, even though he will soon find out that I do not determine the fate of people's fantasy football teams, as much as people may believe.  If I did, my team would be bomb.  And it's not.



The Pain Train v. Terrific Tortoises
QB
It's a wash, but Brees has got to do better, right?
Advantage: The Pain Train

WR
Another week of solid WRs lined up for David.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

RB
Gio is playing like a rock star, and even though Vereen might get some valuable touches stolen away from him by Ridley, Gabs's RBs have just fallen flat on their faces, so I can't help but stick with what's been working the first two weeks.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

TE
Julius Thomas is a formidable force, and he has the ability to find vulnerable spots in Seattle's D like Antonio Gates was able to do last week.
Advantage: The Pain Train

K/DEF
Arizona has a weaker offense than SF, and Seattle-Denver will probably be a higher scoring game than SF-Arizona, so...
Advantage: The Pain Train

Winner: Terrific Tortoises
David just has a solid team right now based on performance.  It's hard to see that slowing down this week.



Seenie J v. #SOverySHADY
QB
Even against a tough Seattle Defense, Peyton will still be a beast.  Especially since it's during the regular season, and not the post-season.
Advantage: Seenie J

WR
I think Jordy is the difference maker in these matchups.  The rest of Eric's WRs are unreliable, but Jeff's WRs are unproven as well.  Hence, Jordy is the difference maker.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

RB
I have a good feeling Eric will be happy about his $51 spent this week.  Instant gratification at work.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

TE
Martellus seems to be garnering great favor from the eye of Jay Cutler, which should give Eric an upper hand over Jeff and Pitta.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

K/DEF
I'll take Panthers D over Denver D.  Gould might kick more than Nugent, so it may be a wash, but I'll give Jeff a slight advantage in this one
Advantage: Seenie J

Winner: #SOverySHADY
I think there might be an upset brewing in this one.  Ok, so maybe not an upset in the traditional sense because Jeff is 0-2 and Eric is 1-1, but upset with regards to my power rankings.  That Knile Davis pickup is paying off already.



Charlotte Hornets v. Chou Chainz
QB
I'm starting to have a little more faith in Philip Rivers.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

WR
Abraham is still strong in the WR department.  Aaron has potential, but I'm going to stick with Abraham's proven squad.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

RB
Aaron's RBs are demanding more respect after their Week 2 performances, so I'll give it to them for now.  It's not a hard choice to make anyways, since Abraham's RBs haven't been all too impressive outside of Ball's Week 1 performance.
Advantage: Chou Chainz

TE
I'm not sure when Aaron will ever lose this matchup.  At least not while Jimmy Graham stays healthy.
Advantage: Chou Chainz

K/DEF
I'm liking New England's Defense against Oakland.
Advantage: Chou Chainz

Winner: Chou Chainz
I don't think Abraham's going to go down without a stiff fight, but I think Aaron has an ever-so-slight advantage over Abraham in this game.  Aaron's RBs and TE will end up winning it for him, and the Chainz will continue to rise.  Plus, I just love his picture.



I'm Coming Home. v. Spider Pig
QB
Look at what Derek Anderson did to Tampa Bay in Week 1.  Now they're up against Matt Ryan.
Advantage: Spider Pig

WR
This will be an interesting matchup, but Megatron is too great a force to ignore.  Both Roddy and Decker are questionable, but it looks like both will be playing (??).  It could go either way, but I'm favoring the matchups that Duke's WRs have this week.
Advantage: I'm Coming Home.

RB
Arian Foster has been stepping up big time, and with the addition of Donald Brown, I think Luke might have a good chance at beating out Duke's RBs.  Alfred Morris could very well blow up, though, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that happened.  But I'll go with the safer pick...
Advantage: Spider Pig

TE
I can't ignore Antonio Gates anymore.  Brady seems to be off doing other things anyway, sorry Gronk.
Advantage: Spider Pig

K/DEF
I think Houston's defense against the Giants will put up more points than Pittsburgh's D against the Panthers.  Let's go with that.
Advantage: Spider Pig

Winner: Spider Pig
He is undefeated, after all.  So if I do in fact have any influence over the actual results of Fantasy Football, I might as well try using it on Luke, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment