Thursday, September 25, 2014

Predictions: Week 4

Week 3 Predictions Record: (2-4)
Overall Predictions Record: (7-11)

I'm really tanking at this predictions thing, aren't I?  Week 4 is the start of Bye Week Woes, and it seems like a few teams will be digging a bit deeper to get through a week with some important teams on bye (Denver, Seattle, Cinci).  Should make things a little more interesting!

Regarding this pending blockbuster trade between me and Eric, I'm going to assume for the sake of this week's predictions that the trade won't be happening.  But to be honest, I don't think it'll make that big of a difference in determining the results of the games this week.  At least not mine.  It could be more crucial for Eric v. Abraham.  But my with my predicting record, who knows what's in store.


Odoyle rules! v. The Pain Train
QB
I like how Cutler has been performing the first three weeks, but I think Brees will do better against Dallas on Sunday Night.  Even if I start Rodgers, Brees will outperform him.
Advantage: The Pain Train

WR
Wallace and Colston should be enough to tip the scales in Gabs's favor this week as my Denver WRs are on bye.  I think there's a very good chance Steve Smith Sr. will break out for close to 120937987436 points against the Panthers, though.  Something tells me he's got a statement to make this game.  I actually drafted him JUST for this week, believe it or not.  It shall be dubbed: SmithSrMageddon.  So, watch out, Gabs!
Advantage: The Pain Train

RB
Even without McCoy, I like my RBs a tad more than Gabs's.  Eddie Lacy has been a disappointment, and who knows what we'll get out of TB's RBs.
Advantage: Odoyle rules! 

TE
Not sure who Gabs is going to insert in place of Orange Julius, but I'm liking Niles over anyone else on the waivers.
Advantage: Odoyle rules!

K/DEF
Philadelphia has been a tough offense to defend, so SF Defense is likely going to struggle against them as well.  Jacksonville offense, on the other hand, doesn't seem to know what's going on.  As for kickers, Atlanta is too good at scoring touchdowns, so all Gabs gets out of Matt Bryant are PATs!
Advantage: Odoyle rules!

Winner: Odoyle rules!
I might be pushing my luck here, but I like my chances with or without Shady.



Mo Murray Less Probs v. GHOTEM
QB
Not even sure what Andrew is going to do here.  Ryan Fitzpatrick?  EJ Manuel?  Ryan Tannehill?  Geno Smith??  Alex Smith??  Oh, I know - Josh McCown!!  Sleeper pick of the week, FTL.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

WR
I'm liking Pierre Garcon having another good week.  Justina's WRs are struggling anyway.
Advantage: GHOTEM

RB
Okokokok even if Jamaal Charles starts, I can't foresee him getting a bajillion points out the gate.  Plus, DeMarco has been doing well for Justina, and I think Lamar Miller will do better than Gore.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

TE
Greg Olsen all the way.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

K/DEF
Chicago Defense against a Green Bay team that has struggled to start the season heavily favors Justina.
Advantage: Mo Murray Less Probs

Winner: Mo Murray Less Probs
I know she didn't want me to, but I'm calling it as I see it.  The Timmy Curse doesn't exist!



Unicorn Burps v. Spider Pig
QB
David is being smart by playing Cousins over Brady and Romo, but Matt Ryan has been playing really well.  So in spite of my favor towards Cousins as a sleeper pick, I'll have to stick with the safer route...
Advantage: Spider Pig

WR
No question here, David has far superior WRs
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

RB
This is a close call, but Jennings and Bradshaw have been surprisingly impressive.  Donald Brown and Matt Asiata are facing relatively easy defenses, though.  Small advantage, but I'll go with...
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

TE
Antonio Gates will bounce back, I am 57% confident.
Advantage: Spider Pig

K/DEF
Detroit Defense is up against an easy Jets Offense.  That sounds good enough for me.
Advantage: Unicorn Burps

Winner: Unicorn Burps
David has to defend his #1 spot in the league and in the power rankings.  This will be a statement win for his team.  And a statement game for my predictions that will state, "The Timmy Curse doesn't exist!"



Seenie J v. Terrific Tortoises
QB
Andrew Luck has been pretty ridiculous so far this season.  Nick Foles hasn't been too shabby, either.  But I can't foresee Luck slowing down anytime soon.
Advantage: Seenie J

WR
David Li finally gets to use KB!  And he still has a sick WR lineup!
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

RB
With Gio on the bench on bye, David turns to Fred Jackson.  Good luck with that.  I'm going to say Matt Forte bounces back for Jeff against Green Bay.
Advantage: Seenie J

TE
Dwayne Allen has been up and down, and I like Zach Ertz in spite of his down week last week.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

K/DEF
Carolina's defense is hurting and has some holes in it.  Miami's defense isn't all that better, but they're playing Oakland.
Advantage: Terrific Tortoises

Winner: Terrific Tortoises
David looks to just keep rollin'.



Charlotte Hornets v. #SOverySHADY
QB
Assuming Eric starts Flacco, this one goes to Abraham.  Although I'm of the opinion SD might get ahead early against Jacksonville and start just running the ball all day.  AND don't forget about the Flacco-SmithSr. connection.  I seriously think SmithSrMageddon will be happening this Sunday, and I'm happy and scared all at the same time.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

WR
Abraham's WRs continue to look impressive, and Eric will have some help responding with Jordy and a healthier DeSean, but Abraham has the upper hand here.
Advantage: Charlotte Hornets

RB
All Abraham has to play with is Toby Gerhart and Carlos Hyde.  Yeah, it's that bad.  With Shady on Eric's team, that's bad.  Even without Shady on Eric's team, it's still bad.  Srsly.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

TE
Bennett has been super impressive.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

K/DEF
I hate to say it, but with the Panthers hurting pretty badly, Baltimore Defense might actually play well this week.
Advantage: #SOverySHADY

Winner: #SOverySHADY
Abraham's RBs are just so sad.  His advantages at WR and QB are dwarfed by Eric's advantage at TE, plus Shady's dominance over Gerhart and Hyde.  I mean, seriously?



I'm Coming Home. v. Chou Chainz
QB
Wow Aaron is starting Blake Bortles.
Advantage: I'm Coming Home.

WR
Wow Aaron is starting Jordan Matthews.
Advantage: I'm Coming Home.

RB
Wow Aaron is starting Lorenzo Taliafsomethingorother.
Advantage: I'm Coming Home.

TE
Ok, starting Jimmy Graham I can live with.
Advantage: Chou Chainz

K/DEF
It's really a draw in my opinion, but since I've been giving Aaron's team a hard time, what the hey.
Advantage: Chou Chainz

Winner: I'm Coming Home.
Aaron is reaching hard this week, and it'll show.  Duke continues to ride the easy-matchups train to a 3-1 record.

No comments:

Post a Comment