Thursday, November 8, 2012

Predictions: Week 10

Eric not only had an impressive fantasy performance last week, but he went (5-0) in his predictions.  Congrats to the newly-named MUSCLE Hamsters.

TimLukeEric
Last week's record(4-1)(0-0)(5-0)
Overall record(30-15)(8-7)(27-18)
Percentage0.670.530.60

odoyle RULES v. Kardashian Esk. Bros
I'll probably end up jinxing it for myself, but I'm hoping Justina's team will continue their downward spiral to fantasy oblivion and I'll finally get my first win in a while to keep me somewhat relevant for the playoffs.  We both have favorable matchups here and there, but I think my team will play better this week.  I'm not losing hope!
Winner: odoyle RULES

MUSCLE Hamster v. Terrific Tortoises
Talk about two teams that have been on the rise.  David's team has been on a more long-term rise, while Eric's team received a shot in the arm of fantasy crack last week - enough to compel him to change his name and logo.  Remember the last team that changed their name to highlight their superstar player(s)?  I'm sure Eric is hoping that doesn't happen again.  Anyways, for this week - both have tough matchups, but I think Eric's team will continue to ride his surprise high for at least another week - at least enough to win the game.
Winner: MUSCLE Hamster

Rainbow Warriors v. Spider Pig
You know what it means when Jeff doesn't have Aaron Rodgers on board, right?  Easy win for Luke.
Winner: Spider Pig

The Debbinator v. RelientK
Intriguing matchup here.  Laura's team has been on a win streak, but David's team has been quietly maintaining a top ranking in our league.  Laura has a better matchup at QB, but David's got a slight upper hand at WR.  I think Laura's RBs will do more damage, and TE/K/DEF is about even.  It'll be a close one, but I'm liking Laura to continue her streak.
Winner: RelientK

THE Pain Train v. choubacca
Gabs has a better QB matchup, and arguably a better WR matchup, but his RBs will most likely fall flat against Aaron's.  However, Gabs's team has been doing weird things, and I can't rely on him to pull out what ought to be a victory for him.  This pick is based more on gut, less on logic.
Winner: choubacca

2 comments:

  1. Tim - a haiku for you.

    No one cares about
    Your "gut feeling" on something
    If there is data

    @justina_says #amirite

    ReplyDelete