Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Power Rankings: Behind The Scenes

I just wanted to give anyone who was interested a screen shot of the Excel spreadsheet I've been using to help me with the power rankings this season.  Each week, I'd give a 9 to the team that scored the most, followed by an 8 for the second highest scoring team, all the way to a 0 for the lowest scoring team.  Then, I took an average over however many weeks, divide it by 9, and that's the number found in the "%" row.  I think it's a fair gauge of team strength based on weekly performance.  Green = games actually won, Red = games actually lost.  While I don't use this as my only guide, it's definitely been a helpful tool.

Click to enlarge

Just some things to note, which I've touched on already over the season:
-Luke has been the most consistently dominant, and it's shown, especially sans last week.
-Laura ought to be (8-4) and in second place.  But alas, no use dwelling on that fact.
-David Lin ought to be (6-6) and fighting for a spot in the playoffs.  Hm.. role reversal, anyone?
-My team is terrible, probably because I spend more time on this blog than I do on my team... NAW COULDN'T BE.

1 comment: