Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Power Rankings: Week 11

Sometimes, things just need to get shaken up a little bit..


1. Spider Pig (9-2) [1]

It's simple - Luke's team continues to score points and win.  That's what it takes to be a fantasy football champion.  Plus, he was without Marshawn Lynch this week.  Check this video out (fast forward to 45 seconds in) if you are skeptical of what he can do on the field.  Specifically, look at that stiff arm he throws at the 57 second mark.  Just sayin'.


2. MUSCLE Hamster (4-7) [7]

Yeah, you better believe it, folks.  How can Eric's team be so high with such a lousy record?  I'll break it down for you:
1. If there is a team right now that I would NOT want to play, it's Eric's.  Right now, in my opinion, he has the scariest team in our league, second to maybe Luke's.  Even with McCoy's status being uncertain, he's got some depth on the bench at RB to makeup for that loss, at least in the short run.
2. Eric's team has blown the whole league away these past three weeks, consistently scoring either the most or second most points each week, and I don't foresee them slowing down anytime soon.
3. If there's any team right now that I think has a great chance of vying for the title besides Luke's team, it's Eric's.  I'm going to go ahead and call it now that he wins out the rest of the season, makes the playoffs as the 4 or 5 seed, and plays in the championship game against Luke.
Hence, ladies and gentlemen, your new #2 team.


3. The Debbinator (8-3) [3]

Unimpressive performance this week, but there's no justification in me bumping David's team down.  I'm sure he's just hoping Nicks comes back to full strength and performance.


4. choubacca (6-5) [2]

How ugly is Aaron's team right now?  That's a rhetorical question, because all of you, including Aaron, should know the answer.  The last four weeks, he has been scoring in the bottom half of our league, and even this week, with his team at full strength minus Victor Cruz, he still couldn't beat out the worst team in our league.  I was tempted to take it down even further in the ranks, but I couldn't find another team worthy of the spot.  I'm just going to say that it's statistically possible - and not all that unreasonable - that Aaron's team doesn't make the playoffs, and I think that should concern him a little.


5. THE Pain Train (6-5) [4]
Gabs blew his chance of clenching a playoff spot, and now I'm not so sure he can clench one anymore.  I think it'll boil down to the final week, when he plays the Terrific Poops.  I'm sure Gabs is hoping his team will be less like Bruce Banner and more like The Hulk from here on out.  But who knows, it's been all over the place.


6. Terrific Tortoises (6-5) [8]

Impressive performance this week (somewhat).  Kudos to scoring the most points, but if you break down how he got those points, you'll see it's probably more of a one-time gig than it is a sustainable act.  However, he'll have Percy Harvin (hopefully) and Chris Johnson back in the mix next week, which are options David can comfortably rely on.  I will say that David's team has impressively set themselves up for a good end-of-the-season run, so it'll be fun to see where that takes him.


7. RelientK (5-6) [6]

Not a pretty win, but a win nonetheless, and an important win to keep Laura's post-season relevant.  However, the nice addition of Felix Jones may not offset the uncertainty of some of her players (Andy Dalton?  Jordy Nelson?  Dwayne Bowe?  RB2?).  I guess only time will tell, but I like her chances of snatching the last spot in the playoffs.


8. Rainbow Warriors (4-7) [5]

The season is just crumbling before his eyes.  Even with 25+ points from Gronk (who will no longer be providing those services to Jeff anymore this season), he scores the least amount of points this week.  Bye bye, season, bye bye post-season.


9. Kardashian Esk. Bros (3-8) [10]
Nice victory for Justina.  As a prize, I am giving her a bump in the rankings.  Next week, I fully expect to have my spot back in the rankings, but I'll let her enjoy it for a week.  We have to do what we can to keep ourselves entertained down here.


10. odoyle RULES (4-7) [9]

It was my chance to slay the beast and dash the Hamster's hopes of a late season run, and set myself up for a chance in the dance, but no, my team was too weak and incompetent.  When I saw Matt Ryan's stat line (when the game had ended), I was certain that he had gotten hurt early in the game or something.  I mean, what QB scores 1.74 points in fantasy football and actually tries?!  But then I found out he threw 5 freaking picks.  And I STILL didn't get it.  That's only -10 points, right?  1.74?!  Whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment