Thursday, October 25, 2012

Predictions: Week 8

(5-0) prediction record last week - woohoo!  At least I'm winning at something, right?

TimLukeEric
Last week's record(5-0)(0-0)(3-2)
Overall record(22-13)(5-5)(19-16)
Percentage0.630.500.54

odoyle RULES v. Terrific Tortoises
I hate to say this, but Chris Johnson will probably run all over the Colts and score big again this week.  While I'm hoping my team will put up some semblance of a fight, I think David's team is on the rise, and no puny #9 (in power rankings) seed can hope to take him down.
Winner: Terrific Tortoises

Green Nicks and Cam v. Spider Pig
Let me start off by saying I think the trade between these two teams was fairer than Aaron made it out to be.  While Sproles isn't an every-down back, he's been getting decent numbers because Brees like to throw the screen to him.  The downgrade from Lynch to Sproles might not be equal in worth compared to the upgrade from Dez to Miles Austin, but considering Dez's injury history and Austin's relative rise in the Dallas WR corps ranks, I can appreciate Justina's move.  I think part of it has to do with Aaron feeling threatened by the strengthening of Luke's team.  Just sayin'.  Anyways, back to predictions.  Luke avoided a scare last week, and has a somewhat stronger team this week to keep him safe from harm.  I don't have high hopes for Cam this week, or for the rest of Justina's team.  Her most consistent producer, A.J. Green, is on bye, too.  I know Justina hates losing to Luke, but I'm not seeing an upset here.
Winner: Spider Pig

errrdayimRussell'in v. RelientK
I'm just going to go ahead and say Seattle Defense may be Eric's top scorer this week.  Even with Laura's superstars on bye (Ray Rice, Owen Daniels, Andy Dalton), I think she has enough firepower (Roethlisberger in a shootout with RGIII, Brandon Marshall against a banged-up, Gamble-less Panthers secondary, Jordy Nelson on the rise, etc. etc.) to hold off Eric this week.  Philip Rivers might do ok, but the rest of Eric's team won't be impressive.
Winner: RelientK

Rainbow Warriors v. THE Pain Train
I think Rodgers will continue his scoring streak.  Gabs's team is slipping, and the untimely bye week for the Bills isn't making it easier on him.
Winner: Rainbow Warriors

The Debbinator v. choubacca
If there is such a thing as a favorable week to play Aaron's team, this is one of those weeks.  With Arian Foster on the bench because of the bye week, Aaron has to choose between Turner v. a tough Philly defense or Alex Green.  Lose-lose, in my book.  David, on the other hand, is essentially at full force.  With some pretty favorable matchups, especially at RB (Remember when Matt Forte had a field day against the Panthers D last year?  And the year before?  Yeah, well, I do.), I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron's team had to take a loss this week.  Besides, he tried to trade me Randall Cobb for Marques Colston, straight up.  SRSLY?  This is coming from the guy who says the trades in our league have been "the most lopsided."  Borderline insulting.  Hence, my objective pick for winner of this game.
Winner: The Debbinator

7 comments:

  1. Like I said it'd be a gamble trade for you - I'm calling it though, he's going to break out like Jordy Nelson 2011! Just like I said Hillis would score more than Charles by season end... -.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your analysis Tim, because it somewhat vindicates my counter-offer, and doesn't make me look out to be such a Fantasy dummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron - if by gamble, you mean stupid, then ok.

    Justina - just saying it as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gambled with Richardson, RGII, D. Thomas (to an extent), and Vick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also interesting that when I look to the right on the news feed I see this:

      "Packers WR Cobb now locked into major role - Randall Cobb | GB"

      Article goes on to say:

      "It doesn't really matter" when Jennings returns from surgery, writes Silverstein, because Cobb is locked into the No. 2 spot behind Jordy Nelson as Aaron Rodgers' favorite receiver target. "Coach Mike McCarthy is just in the beginning stages of figuring out ways to use Cobb," adds Silverstein. Cobb has been a top-5 fantasy receiver over the past three weeks, and his value is only rising with Jennings' absence and Nelson's hamstring injury. Cobb should be off the table in trade talks as a potential WR1 from here on out.

      Delete
  5. Maybe I'm just not buying what you're trying to sell, sorry. My loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the same site you quoted from:

      http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4650/jonathan-stewart

      You just have to be selective with what you reach for. Right now, I would not trade anyone for Jonathan Stewart except maybe my Kicker.

      Delete