Thursday, October 11, 2012

Predictions: Week 6

TimLukeEric
Last week's record(2-3)(0-0)(3-2)
Overall record(14-11)(5-5)(13-12)
Percentage0.560.500.52

odoyle RULES v. RelientK
My team found a little boost last week from some unexpected sources, and Laura's fell kind of flat.  I want to say that the matchups are looking in her favor this week, but her RBs (which is one of her strong suits) are facing some tough defenses.  But mine are too, so I'll give Laura the edge there.  I think my QB and WRs are somewhat better, but my team can be pretty unpredictable.  If Roddy White plays big, I like my chances.  But Laura's team is due for a win.  Such a hard decision.. but sorry, Laura, you'll have to wait one more week for a win.  I like my team's momentum too much right now.  I'll probably regret this pick come Sunday.
Winner: odoyle RULES

Green Nicks and Cam v. THE Pain Train
I think McFadden will have a good week for Gabs, as will Julio Jones, Reggie Wayne, and even James Jones (Packers will be clawing from behind for most of the game).  Justina's team, on the other hand, has too many question marks to make me feel comfortable about picking them.  Will Nicks return to normal?  Will Marshawn Lynch (who is not 100%) and Reggie Bush do well against tough defenses?  Will Ryan Fitzpatrick recover from last weeks debacle?  I think THE Pain Train bounces back from the past two weeks with a much-needed win.
Winner: THE Pain Train

errrdayimRussell'in v. The Debbinator
With Calvin Johnson back, Eric's team is looking a lot better.  His QB looks more impressive than David's, his RBs look more impressive than David's, his WRs.. are about equal with David's, but David has a slight advantage at TE/K/DEF.  I think with Brees out, though, David's team looks very beatable this week.  Look for Eric's team to capitalize on that.  And make good use of his McCoy pickup.
Winner: errrdayimRussell'in

Rainbow Warriors v. choubacca
Even with RGIII's status uncertain, Aaron's team looks strong against Jeff's.  Consider this possible scenario: RGIII has to sit, so Aaron starts Vick.  Vick gets 10 points.  Rodgers gets 40 points because he's so mad about how much his team sucks.  Cruz gets shut down by the SF defense.  Frank Gore runs all over Giants defense.  Foster and Richardson... yeah, it's no use, even if all of those things happened, I think Aaron would still pull out a win.  All you have to say is Foster and Richardson.. and then sigh.
Winner: choubacca

Spider Pig v. Terrible Titans T_T
Luke smartly starts Peyton v. SD over Brady v. Seattle.  However, he not-so-smartly is screwed at RB2.  Jacuzzi?!  I guess he had slim pickings to choose from.  And at WR, Percy Harvin might just go crazy again against a vulnerable Redskins secondary for David.  I'm not a fan of the start-two-RBs-from-SD-and-see-how-it-goes mindset that David has, but what other choice does he have?  Jackie Battle >> Chris Johnson.  I think this one might be closer than you'd expect, but Luke's team definitely has the ability to pull out the win against David, even without a real RB2.  Ouch.
Winner: Spider Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment