Thursday, October 18, 2012

Predictions: Week 7

TimLukeEric
Last week's record(3-2)(0-0)(3-2)
Overall record(17-13)(5-5)(16-14)
Percentage0.570.500.53

odoyle RULES v. Spider Pig
I think this one might be closer than people would expect, with my team being a bottom dweller and Luke's team being "elite" and all.  Jamaal Charles on a bye may play to my advantage, except.. DeMarco Murray is hurt.  And I was banking on him running all over the Panthers, too.  Eric beat me to the waivers picking up Felix Jones, so all I can do is hope that Shonn Greene scores even half the points he did last week (yeah right).  Considering all the favorable matchups my team has this week, I really think not having DeMarco or Felix Jones will be the dealbreaker for my team not getting the victory.  Sigh.
Winner: Spider Pig

Green Nicks and Cam v. RelientK
Laura's team has finally tasted the sweet nectar of victory, and it's hungry for more.  I see her strategery in starting Dalton, whose success will determine A.J. Green's success for Justina, but I question whether Roethlisberger will be a wiser start.  It's Laura's team, though - so she has the right to make the final call.  Laura will win the RB and TE matchups, but I think she'll fall short at WR and DEF.  Which leaves, once again, to the QB spot.  Cameron Newton, will you show up this week?  Justina's team is banking on it.  And so am I.  But Laura's team is tired of losing.  Therefore...
Winner: RelientK

errrdayimRussell'in v. THE Pain Train
Both QBs will struggle against tough defenses.  Eric might have an edge at WR with VJax against the Saints. And knowing who to start at RB is going to be tough for Gabs, but I still think he has a strong enough lineup to hold off Eric's team this week.
Winner: THE Pain Train

Rainbow Warriors v. The Debbinator
Don't expect Aaron Rodgers to do what he did last week.  And even if he does, don't bank on the rest of Jeff's team showing up, either.  Outside of maybe Adrian Peterson and Alfred Morris.  But the same goes for David's team.  Even if Drew Brees blows up, his supporting cast is looking a little pitiful, outside of Forte and Welker / Hernandez (they'll eat away at each other's stats).  So who do I choose?  Eeny, meeny, miney...
Winner: Rainbow Warriors

Terrific Tortoises v. choubacca
Will Trent Richardson play?  And if so, will he be able to stay healthy?  Not like David has much to fight with, though.  So those questions are probably irrelevant.  While Percy Harvin has been impressive for David, there isn't much left on his team to put up a fight (Jimmy Graham's status is "not optimistic").  I think Aaron's team has more impressive players that could easily out-score David's team.  Funny thing to note, however, is that if David's team wins, choubacca and Terrific Tortoises will have the same record.  Go figure.
Winner: choubacca

No comments:

Post a Comment