Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Power Rankings: Week 4

Due to a trip to LA to soak up the heat and visit a fellow manager, the Power Rankings are late this week, and somewhat abbreviated.  Apologies.


1. Spider Pig (4-0) [2]

Yes, we deservingly (probably not a word) have a new #1.  For the second week in a row, Luke's team put up the most points in our league.  I wrote the first week off as a fluke, but it's hard to write two weeks in a row off.  Jamaal Charles continues to perform well, and Darren Sproles isn't looking too shabby either.  With his RB problems improving, Luke has become the team to beat in our league.


2. choubacca (2-2) [3]

With the highest scoring RB, the second-highest scoring QB, and a Trent Richardson on the rise, Aaron's team is looking pretty nice.  His WRs are mediocre-to-weak, but his team has been getting it done the past few weeks.


3. THE Pain Train (2-2) [1]
My, how the mighty have fallen.  Hard.  The loss of CJ Spiller seems to have somehow affected his whole team's morale.  Not even McFadden could make up for it.  I'm willing to write it off as just an unlucky week, which is why I haven't dropped his team further in the rankings.  But I'm cautious to assert his once-obvious dominance in our league now that his weaknesses have become evident.


4. RelientK (0-4) [4]

I'm convinced that Laura's team should be (3-1).  If you look back at how many points her team scored in the past 4 weeks, you'd agree with me.  Unfortunately, her record is not (3-1), and she is technically last in our league.  But at least that's not the case in my power rankings, which should matter somewhat, right?  She still has one of the best RB duos in the league, her WRs are putting up respectable numbers, and hopefully she will have enough smarts to stay the heck away from Tony Romo.  It may not be a bad idea to drop him, if there's a better waiver pick-up at another position.  But this is coming from a manager who managed to manage his team to the ground (see below).  Her team will start winning.  This week.  I'm calling it now, before I even make the predictions.


5. Rainbow Warriors (2-2) [7]

For the first week this season, Jeff's team ran on all cylinders and played to its potential.  I'm still reluctant to claim that they can do it on a consistent basis, which is why I'm keeping him in the middle for now.


6. Green Nicks and Cam (2-2) [5]

At least Cam looked better this week, minus his stupid fumble at the end of the game that essentially cost the Panthers the win.  But I doubt Justina cares about that as much as she does not getting the win against Jeff.


7. The Debbinator (3-1) [6]

David is (3-1) and his team DROPS in the rankings?  It's because he's been bullying all the crappy teams for cheap wins (except week 1).  If he can pull off a quality win this week, then I'll think about moving him up in the ranks.  Maybe part of the reason why I dropped him in the rankings has to do with him picking up Cedric Benson (who I dropped) to subsequently beat my team.  So?


8. errrdayimRussell'in (1-3) [9]

Eric's team is looking a bit more hopeful, but with a so-so QB and a confusing RB lineup, I'm not sure his team is going anywhere soon.


9.  Terrible Titans T_T (2-2) [10]

David gets a "quality" win this week, but only superficially.  Not only did he beat the lowest-scoring team (which happened to be one of the better teams in our league), but he scored in the bottom half of the league as well.  So yes, he beat Gabs, but not convincingly.  Anyone could have beat Gabs this week.  Even my team, which as you will soon find out, is caboosing (probably not a word, either) this week's rankings.  We'll just leave it at: his performance this week was enough to give him a bump up in the rankings, even if his highest scorer was his defense.


10. odoyle RULES (2-2) [8]

There isn't really much to say here.  I arguably ought to be (0-4).  As far as my managerial skills, I think it's safe to say they haven't been so hot.  But the season isn't over yet, so odoyle may still rule in the end.

1 comment:

  1. so much hate for my team, a team that lost two starting players to injury. oh dear.

    ReplyDelete