Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 4 Matchups! Done with absolutely no algorithm!


There are some great matchups this week. Pretty much everyone is matched up with someone with someone who is directly above them in the yahoo rankings. Hopefully we won’t have nearly as many blowouts. I got tricked into getting McDonalds by Lebron James, and so these rankings were done in a haste so that I can go and cry in the fetal position on the floor as my stomach attempts to digest what feels like a hot ball of lead.


Onward!


what’s poppin slime (2-1) vs Rainbow Warriors (3-0)

I really want to say that Jeff is going to feel the same way as Tebow up there after this week, but who are we kiddin? I don’t want to waste my breath analyzing this. He beats me in every single category except for maybe my running backs (who knew?)

I’m just going to cross my fingers and root for myself sigh.

Rainbow Warriors by >15



odoyle RULES (2-1) vs JUSTINA OWNS (3-0)
This is definitely the match up of the week. I think Tim’s players have some great matchups this week, which will allow him to be competitive versus Justina’s team. That being said, Justina still wins the QB and WR battle. I think the edge for running backs also goes to Justina based on the fact that Jacksonville will get pummeled by New Orleans, leaving the MJD and the running game obsolete for the Jags. Both TEs have been hit or miss this year, and the DEF advantage goes heavily in favor of Tim, with the Colts looking mostly inept this year on offense. With Justina winning most of the key categories, she deserves the win. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a close one.

JUSTINA OWNS by <10


Spider Pig (1-2) vs JohnKasay#1 (1-2)
Phillip Rivers is due for an all-star caliber game, so I’m giving the QB advantage to Eric. Vick is banged up and Jackson hasn’t been performing up to par, so that combination gives the WR advantage to Eric as well. I think Washington was a fantastic pick up and Moss will have a stellar day torching the Rams secondary (see Flacco’s performance). I’m really not too sure on the running backs after last week’s dismal performance by both Gore and Mendenhall. On top of that, Gore has a bum ankle coming into this week 4 matchup with Houston, who has a very good front. This downgrades Eric’s back’s enough to where they’re almost in line with Luke’s. TE goes to Luke and the rest of the positions, K and DEF, are tossups. I think Eric’s star players (Rivers and Wallace) will really come out to play this week and carry his team, so…

JohnKasay#1 by >10

RelientK (0-3) vs aaronisyourdaddy (1-2)
I’m calling the upset on this one. I think Aaron Rodgers will have a great day, as usual, but both Nicks and Lloyd have been receiving too much defensive attention to be productive at their positions. I’m going to give the WR advantage to Laura. I think Fitz is going to torch the Giants and Moore will have an awesome day against the Jags. Turner is looking to bounce back against a horrid Seahawks defense and Bradshaw will be used to keep the ball away from Arizona once the score is out of reach. Gates is going to be a late scratch, so the TE advantage goes to Laura. In the end, the stars have finally aligned to get Laura her first win

RelientK by 10


THE Pain Train (1-2) vs Terrific Tortoises (1-2)

The quarterback edge definitely goes to Brees, but more so than normal. NO can’t run the ball at all, so even when they’re ahead, they’ll still be throwing short screen passes against the Jags, who they will dominate. Having Andre Johnson automatically gives Gabs the edge in this one. Furthermore, I think Branch will turn it around, with the Patriots exploiting the weak secondary of Oakland. I think Johnson will have a good game in response to all of the criticism he’s received, so it’ll be interesting to see the matchup in this one. However, the edge still goes to Gabs because the Raiders will be looking to keep the ball out of Tom Brady’s hands. I wouldn’t be surprised to see McFadden have 40+ touches at the end of this one. Finley has a great matchup and Philly will eat up Alex Smith. I like Gabs in this one, but it should be reasonably close.

THE Pain Train by <15

3 comments:

  1. Why do some predictions use 15 points as the benchmark whereas others use 10 points?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops didn't even notice that. I'll fix in next week's predictions

    ReplyDelete
  3. you good. I understand what being under the influence of McD's can do to you.

    ReplyDelete