Tuesday, September 27, 2011

David's Week 4 Power Rankings!!

Power Rankings - Week 4


1. Rainbow Warriors (3-0) - I’m still scratching my head over this one. I saw the state line “Brady: 4 INT, loses game” and I immediately thought, “Here we go, the demise of Jeff’s team”. But then I look and Brady STILL has a bajillion points. And Welker has a bajillionzillion. Or was it the other way around? And Gronkowski was just the icing on top. I wonder how it feels to be the best out of a group of brothers in the NFL. Anyway, he still has a hole at RB2, but at this point it doesn’t even matter. All three of those players will continue to pad his stats to the point where he probably wouldn’t need to start anyone else and he would still be able to beat half of this league. Peterson continues to put out a solid 10-20 points a game, give or take. At this point, it is basically just how much his team is going to beat other people by. If Jackson and Holmes both come to play, then its going to be a large margin. But if they don’t, then he’s still going to beat you. Smh.

2. JUSTINA OWNS (3-0) –The weakness in this team has popped up in the form of an ugly Britt knee injury. Watching the replay of his knee buckling seriously made me nauseous. However, even though this is a blow to her team, her bench has more than enough to compensate for it. AJ Green will be an adequate replacement. The only thing that concerns me now is Forte. I have a tiny concern that may explode into a huge one. It doesn’t seem that Forte is able to run the ball effectively at all. Maybe its Chicago’s line or maybe its because running isn’t his forte… ha ha. In any case, against teams with a strong linebacker core, such as GB, Forte will struggle. And he will struggle even more if something were to happen to Jay Cutler, allowing defenses to completely zone in on him as the focal point to the offense. However, Fitzpatrick will continue to throw to try to outscore teams, so her team only warrants a tiny drop until further notice.

3. odoyle RULES (2-1) - Even though Tim had a relatively low scoring week, his team remains this high for one reason: consistency. His team is also starting to come around. Rice finally showed the production that he is capable of, and with Seattle having a horrible running game and defense, they will definitely have to throw a ton to come from behind. Meachem has proven that he is a force to be reckoned with, scoring in all three weeks so far, and MJD has showed that he can still produce, even with Gabbert feeding him the ball. His team has been very solid all three weeks so far, and that in the end usually signifies a strong contender. I’m still not convinced with Newton, but a win is a win is a win, right? Right?

4. what's poppin slime (2-1) - My team finally performed up to expectations. Woooo! I feel like a wooing like a woo girl. But anyway, I’m not sure what I’m going to do about that WR3 spot. Now that Maclin is probably out for a certain amount of time, I’ll have a tough time deciding who to plug into that spot from week to week. My pick of Mathews is finally panning out, with the coaches actually honoring their preseason statements of using Mathews a ton more this year than last. I’m still fairly confident in Arian Foster, with Kubiak stating that he would regain his starting job once he’s 100% healthy. And Cadillac is no Steven Jackson. A trade could help my team greatly, but not getting one won’t kill it. I would’ve put my team on top of Tim’s, but I don’t believe in my team’s consistency yet.

5. THE Pain Train (1-2) – If there were such thing as a good loss, then Gab’s week three loss can be put in that category. His teams have steadily improved each week and he would’ve beaten most of the other teams in our league this week. I’m pretty sure Flacco won’t put up those kinds of numbers on a weekly basis, but if I were Gabs, I would be confident in starting Flacco if the matchup was favorable. Branch was a mysterious no show this week, which would’ve made his showing even more respectable. I think Romo, Johnson, and McFadden will be the cornerstones of consistency for Gabs, he just needs to upgrade his team in the WR or RB department to take that next step. Depending on Nelson, Branch, and Greene week in and week out won’t win you enough games. I’m still scratching my head over his 3 tight ends…

6. JohnKasay#1 (1-2) - Philip Rivers had a terrible game, which is unfortunate for Eric because that might have been the deciding factor between a W and an L for him this week. Mendenhall was surprisingly quiet against a horrible Colts run defense. Those two factors = a loss for Eric. Maybe its because Rivers is from NCSU, he’s showing his true colors now as a below average QB. In any case, Eric needs at least one of those two picks to have a great game if he wants to win week in and week out. We’ll see how things play out for Eric and if Rivers can show some kind of consistency. I think in the end, once Gates and Floyd are back to full strength, then Rivers will be okay. But until then, expect the passing woes to continue for Rivers. He also needs to improve some WR depth before I bump him up.

7. aaronisyourdaddy (1-2) – Bad week for Aaron, but I still believe his team has a lot of potential. He will always be somewhat competitive with against anyone with Aaron Rodgers on his team, but I need to see more consistency from his other players. Defenses are keying in on Nicks, with him being the only threat on the Giant’s roster. Jacobs and Sproles did surprisingly well, but I don’t think that kind of production will be the norm for either. Once his team is healthy again (Gates, Hillis), then he will be a competitive opponent. Stewart and Burress’ production was also nice to see, so it’ll be interesting to see if that becomes a trend in the upcoming weeks. Like I said, potential.

8. Terrific Tortoises (1-2) – I would definitely trade one of the QBs if I were David. That could allow him to pick up some needed help in either his running backs or his WRs. His running backs are decent as of now, but Johnson really needs to step up his game to justify his high pick in the draft. Blount seems like a nice option, I think he’ll really pick it up in the coming weeks. Reggie Bush, Hines Ward, and Bowe all look like busts for this year. I think Bowe probably has the biggest upside because KC looks like they’ll be down all year, so they’ll have to throw a lot. I’m running out of time, as my experiment is about to finish, so David’s team gets the short end of the stick. My critique of his team is pretty much the same, needs to trade a QB. Bush is probably droppable now, which allows room for a crafty waiver wire pickup, if he so desires. His win this week was against Laura, but a win is a win is a win.


9. Spider Pig (1-2) – Luke is probably breathing a sigh of relief, with Vick’s injury only being a contusion. However, Luke’s team is still on life support. With only two players scoring in double digits (Jennings and Cundiff), his team is in dire need of some help. I don’t think it’ll perform this poorly week in and week out, with explosive players like Jackson and Smith on his team, but these will be more common than he would like. Jackson doesn’t get nearly enough volume in passes to have enough consistency scoring and Smith depends on a rookie QB. Both situations are boom or bust. Jahvid Best is performing better than I thought he would, but McCluster will never get the type of work Charles did, based on what the coaches have said about his fragile frame.


10. Relient K (0-3) – In a surprising twist, Laura benches both Manning and Bradshaw in favor of Freeman and Tolbert, which was a bad decision in hindsight. Manning probably had his best game of the season and Bradshaw had a great combination game. Lance Moore will be a nice addition to her receiving corps. I think her team is on the upswing, it just depends on Manning’s consistency and Turner’s ability to turn things around in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment