Thursday, September 22, 2011

David Lin's Power Rankings - Week 2

Power Rankings - Week 2
by David Lin

1. JUSTINA OWNS – I can’t really find a weakness to this team. Her drafting of WRs really lucked out, as Britt seems to be panning out, along with Brandon Marshall. Both of those receivers are also on teams who will consistently fall behind on a weekly basis, requiring them to throw a lot. Solid in all areas except for TE, with some adequate replacements in case of injury on her bench. If I was being nitpicky, I would say that she’s weak at running back depth, but I still like Starks to eventually replace Ryan Grant. Until the injury bug hits her team, like some of the other teams, she’ll be the one to beat.

2. Rainbow Warriors  – I know that Jeff scored more points than Justina in week two, but I don’t like his team as much for a couple of reasons. I don’t like the Jets passing attack and as a result, I can’t be completely behind Santonio Holmes. However, that being said, owning 3 Patriots during a season when they look unstoppable seems like its going to pay out for Jeff. He has very little depth to his roster, so that is what is mainly keeping him below Justina. So long as Tom Brady is healthy, Jeff will continue to win.

3. JohnKasay#1  - These next couple of spots on the ranking list are al interchangeable. The reason I’m putting Eric up this high is because his team seems the most solid all around. He lacks a superstar at running back, so he’ll be playing pick em every week. I love Rivers as his starting QB. He is really hurting at WR. I think this trade, which will probably go through, will definitely make Eric one of the teams to beat. The only thing that has me worried is the Steelers offense seems to be off, but that may change with a few more games under the belt.

4. odoyle RULES  - I don’t like this trade for Tim’s team at all. If it goes through, I would expect a drop in production. If Bryant plays this week, then his wide receiver core will be serviceable. I’m not convinced on Newton, I would like to see him play a top pass defense before I give him the starting job on a fantasy team. However, I have always liked Hightower since the beginning of the season. I think either Decker of Moore will pan out for him, hence his high ranking.

5. THE Pain Train – I don’t like Tony Romo at all, and I think this team’s serious lack of depth will come back in the end to hurt him. There are no replacement running backs on his bench, and I do not trust Greene to carry the RB2 load for the rest of the season. An injury to a starting running back somewhere in the league will do his team wonders if he can pickup the handcuff in time. Wide receivers are okay across the board. With some smart starts throughout the season, I could see his team doing well. However, the injury bug is bound to hit and when it does, it’ll be interesting to see how he handles it.

6. what's poppin slime  - I’m convinced my team should be higher based on my personnel, but until they start producing, I can’t justify a higher ranking than this. I’m still holding onto hope that the Texans won’t forget that Foster is the reigning rushing champion and give him more carries than Tate when he gets back to full speed. However, with that said, I believe that my team is one of the deepest in the league at RB, which I think will show towards the end of the season. My starting WRs are pretty solid, but the depth behind them could be a little better. With some smart plays, I think my team will start putting up numbers soon enough.

7. Spider Pig – Luke’s team takes a huge hit with the loss of Charles. With Best as his only serviceable starter, his team will take a tumble in the standings in the upcoming weeks. However, with a ton of backups stored on his bench, he’s one injury away from returning to top form. I’m not totally convinced that Vick will replicate last year’s numbers, but I think his team is still pretty solid, especially once Colston returns. Keller may have a monster year this year. He deserves to be this low until he improves his RB situation.

8. aaronisyourdaddy – I think Aaron has made some nice improvements on his team. The addition of Nelson I think was a great add, considering the upside of the Bills this year. Who knew. His RB2 situation is bleak though. Starting Brandon Jacobs every week will not cut it if he seriously wants to contend. However, has one of the most consistent QBs in the league and a very solid set of wide receivers. Once Gates starts producing and he picks up another RB somehow, his team will improve drastically.

9. Terrific Tortoises – I would definitely trade one of the QBs if I were David. That could allow him to pick up some needed help in either his running backs or his WRs. His running backs are decent as of now, but Johnson really needs to step up his game to justify his high pick in the draft. Blount seems like a nice option, I think he’ll really pick it up in the coming weeks. Reggie Bush, Hines Ward, and Bowe all look like busts for this year. I think Bowe probably has the biggest upside because KC looks like they’ll be down all year, so they’ll have to throw a lot.

10. Relient K – Pretty solid running back core and her QB is definitely serviceable, but is erratic at times. Her biggest glaring weakness is her WRs. Might be the weakest in the league. Outside of Fitzgerald, she needs to make some big changes. I really like Witten as her TE though.

2 comments:

  1. In defense of my trade, I think I can get enough WR support to make up for the loss of Wallace and thus justify getting Cam for his potential. Maybe it's my Panther-ness getting the better of my decision-making skills. Oh well. We'll see who's laughing when Cam takes me AND the Panthers all the way to the championship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just read over everything I wrote. It isn't very smooth or coherent in a lot of parts.

    ReplyDelete