Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tim's Power Rankings - Week 4

Surprised that David released his power rankings so early, I went ahead and put mine together to post.  By the way, I didn't read his before posting this - so it didn't affect my rankings.


Power Rankings - Week 4
[Previous Rank in brackets]
1. Rainbow Warriors (3-0, 412.58 pts) [1] - Holy crap, Jeff.  He took a page out of David's book, back when he had McNabb, Westbrook, and TO, and basically destroyed our league like the Eagles destroyed the NFL (offensively, at least).  The Bills found a way to stop the Patriots, but that definitely didn't stop Jeff's team - it just added to the ridiculous pointage buildup.  His 3 Patriot players alone (90.48 points) would have beaten 4 other teams in our league this week (JohnKasay#1, Spider Pig, aaronisyourdaddy, RelientK - ahem, see bottom of the rankings).  That's just ridiculous.


2. JUSTINA OWNS (3-0, 370.82 pts) [2] - Justina didn't put up the same numbers this week as she has before, but that doesn't cause me to doubt the strength of her team.  Britt is out, but she's got decent enough backups for her not to be too concerned (yet).  Fitzpatrick is showing how its done, and Calvin Johnson has been an absolute beast.  While this week wasn't a strong one for Justina, I don't find it weak enough to justify dropping her down any.


3. what's poppin slime (2-1, 347.80 pts) [6] - David's RBs pulled through in a big way and put up some nice numbers this week.  Granted, Matthews played against the lowly Chiefs, but Jackson and the Bills are out to prove they're for real.  I'm still liking his WRs, and I think Schaub can be pretty reliable, so as long as his RBs can produce (I'm sure he's hoping Foster comes back sooner rather than later), I think David's team will stay strong.


4. odoyle RULES (2-1, 327.82 pts) [4] - Even though my team didn't put up great numbers, I put up enough to satisfy me.  Cam did as well as he could playing in a typhoon (yes, he did look shaky even before the storm, but I still have faith in him).  I had too many points sitting on the bench that I should have capitalized, and that might end up biting me in the butt.  Giving up Wallace forces me to juggle more WRs each week, trying to figure out who's going to put up the numbers.  I have a feeling until the WR stars have separated themselves from my WR pretenders, I'll continue having trouble figuring out who to start at the WR position.  I'm happy with my RB and QB situation, though - so I think I've still got myself a decent team.


5. THE Pain Train (1-2, 339.64 pts) [5] - Ok, so Gabs has more points than I do, and if he were to play me last week, his record would be better than mine.  But I'm still looking at his team, and I'm not convinced it's better than mine.  McFadden has played incredibly well, his QB situation has been a lot better than anticipated, and he's got Andre Johnson, but beyond that, I'm not very impressed.  But if he can put up those types of numbers consistently, expect his ranking to go up big time.


6. Spider Pig (1-2, 287.70 pts) [3] - It turns out picking up McCluster didn't do Luke so well.  Nothing quite like Charles.  Although he was shamefully the lowest-scoring team this week, I think Luke's still got a decent team.  His RBs are his biggest weakness, and Vick has iffy, but he's got a good group of WRs that ought to pick up more points.  Maybe 6 is a high rank, but I'll keep him here for now.


7. Terrific Tortoises (1-2, 306.56 pts) [8] - David finally gets his first win, even if it was against the lowest-scoring team of the week.  I'm still confident that his team could do much better than its record shows, but it's not as explosive (or even potentially explosive) than the other teams.  He needs to tap into that talent he's got at the QB spot on his bench (read: trade).  There are some teams in our league that could use a better one...


8. JohnKasay#1 (1-2, 261.56 pts) [7] - The trade clearly benefited Eric this week, but not enough to give him a victory.  His team looks good on paper, but they just haven't been producing like they should.  He's got a (normally) solid QB, he has a better WR squad because of Wallace, but his RB situation is getting a little shook up now.  Until they start producing, Eric's team will continue to settle near the bottom of the rankings.


9. RelientK (0-3, 243.94 pts) [9] - Why isn't Laura's team at the bottom?  I don't think Aaron's team is better.  Laura started the wrong players.  Granted, it wouldn't have given her the W, but it would have made for a better showing than Aaron's best.  That's my rationale, and I'm sticking to it.


10. aaronisyourdaddy (1-2, 246.50 pts) [10] - Aaron needs to find a way to score more than 90 points a game.  He may get a win every once in a while, but it's not going to get him far.  I think he made a good decision in trading for Rodgers, but he's got so many other holes in his team without much hope from his backups.


Predictions should be up by Friday night.  If you want yours included, send them to me by then.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment