Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Power Rankings - Week 2

As of  Week 2, there are really only two clearly dominant teams, and one (maybe two) teams that are clearly lacking.  It was really hard for me to rank 3-8, because it was all a wash to me.  Each team had some glaring deficiency.  So I did my best to rank them - see what you think.


Power Rankings - Week 2
[Previous Rank in brackets]
1. Rainbow Warriors (2-0, 280.10 pts) [1] - Handing me a flat-out whooping this week with 160+ points, Jeff's team has proven it deserves its spot at the top.  Tom Brady doesn't appear to be slowing down, VJax has proved his worth above and beyond what I imagined, Peterson has been putting up #1 draft pick numbers, and Jeff has enough superficial padding in his roster (not that deep, but good enough), in case any position falls through (minus QB).  Without a doubt, the top team in our league


2. JUSTINA OWNS (2-0, 262.96 pts) [2] - Not too far behind, however, is Justina's team.  She has what has turned out to be a beastly WR group (with AJ Green and Nate Burleson on the bench - they would definitely be starting for more than half of the other teams, including mine) and a very deep group of RBs.  QB is still iffy (Fitzpatrick / Roethlisberger will still put up decent numbers, but not Brady-like), and TE is not awesome, but not bad.  An incredibly solid (and deep - deeper than Jeff's) team - I am impressed.


3. Spider Pig (1-1, 226.16 pts) [4] - Ok, here's where the mediocrity begins.  While Luke's team has been putting up good numbers (hence a slight bump back up), the loss of Charles deals his team a big blow.  Vick might be shaky, but Ryan is a solid backup.  His WRs are a decent bunch, but I'm just not sure his RBs can fill in the void that Charles leaves.  All things considered, Luke's got the best team after Jeff and Justina.


4. odoyle RULES (1-1, 222.10 pts) [7] - It might be a bold move, but after two decent weeks, I think it's fair to say that my team might be somewhat of a threat.  Kolb has been doing what I hope he'd be doing, my WRs have been pretty good (minus the 3rd spot.. injury plagued), McCoy has been putting up stellar numbers, and you can't go wrong with John Kasay on your team.  My big weakness is the 3WR spot, followed by a slightly concerning 2RB spot.  But hey, my team has been putting up numbers.


5. THE Pain Train (1-1, 209.88 pts) [9] - I don't think it would be fair for me to keep bashing Gabs's team.  Tony Romo has been playing well, as have 2 of his WRs.  McFadden has also been putting up big numbers, but Gabs is still weak at the 3WR and 2RB spots.


6. what's poppin slime (1-1, 204.28 pts) [5] - David's probably beating himself up for not starting Maclin (and Mathews), but regardless, I think he's got a fairly solid team.  He tried upgrading at the RB with Foster, but it seems like Tate has taken over the spotlight for now.  Time will tell whether picking up Foster was good for David, but the rest of his RBs really consist of backups who are capitalizing on injuries or other opportunities - probably not the most reliable group, but it may get him by from week to week if he plays it smart.  Personally, I think the addition of Foster hurts his team more than it does help, but what do I know?  With the loss of Aaron Rodgers, I wouldn't expect the same consistent production out from his QB, but at least he's got a good group of WRs.  I bumped him down a spot basically because I'm still not impressed by his RBs.  Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.


7. JohnKasay#1 (1-1, 191.02 pts) [3] - Eric's team had an embarrassing loss to aaronisyourdaddy last week, but I still think he's got an OK team.  No longer top three-caliber, not even top six-caliber, but one that can definitely put up numbers if the stars align correctly.  I still like his deep RBs and QBs, but his WRs have been underproducing, which has been hurting his team pretty badly.  If they can pick it up and produce like they should (harder for Wayne, due to the Manning being out), Eric's team would definitely be a threat.  An upgrade at the TE spot would also be helpful.


8. Terrific Tortoises (0-2, 201.76 pts) [6] - Hit with an unfavorable matchup, David unfortunately falls to 0-2.  His team, however, still has lots of potential.  He's got talent at the QB spot, and in fact has too many QBs on his bench for his own good (drop Cutler), and should probably try to somehow bulk up his WRs.  Miles Austin has been playing well, but the others, not so much.  Chris Johnson has been underwhelming, but if he plays like everyone said he would, David's team would be putting up bigger numbers.  Like I said, potential.


9. Relient K (0-2, 183.12 pts) [8] - A considerable improvement from last week, but not enough to put up numbers to win.  With big holes in the QB and WR spots, Laura may have to start fishing on the waiver wires for some help at the opportune times.


10. aaronisyourdaddy (1-1, 155.72 pts) [10] - Even with the addition of his fellow Aaron, he couldn't put up more than 90 points.  I guess that makes sense when 3 of your starters don't score more than zero points.  It was a win, but not really.  I still think Aaron's team lacks the bite it needs to make itself a threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment