Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Week 1 Predictions

Can you believe the NFL season starts on Wednesday?!  It came a lot quicker than I expected it to come.  Anyways, I wanted to quickly revisit last season's predictions (only during the regular season.. I slacked off when it came to playoffs):

TimLukeDavid LinEricLauraJustina
Last week's record(3-2)(0-0)(0-0)(0-0)(0-0)(0-0)
Overall record(36-24)(11-9)(7-8)(24-16)(13-7)(9-6)
Percentage0.600.580.470.600.650.60

It's somewhat encouraging that I did better than 50%, although not that much better.  I'm aiming for 0.70 this year, but that may end up being too ambitious.  Who am I kidding, I might as well be flipping a coin for most of these picks anyway.


odoyle RULES v. JUSTINA OWNS
This week is a test-run for my WRs.  I don't think all 3 will do great, but I'm hoping for the best.  I think Justina has me beat in all positions except maybe RB, but even then, I could see Lynch outperforming McCoy.  Cam's going to break my heart one way or the other, so I see this matchup as a lose-lose situation.
Winner: JUSTINA OWNS

errrdayimRussell'in v. Terrific Tortoises
I have a feeling Russell Wilson will play to Eric's expectations this week.  If that be the case, I think with his stronger WRs, and assuming that he finds a replacement for Witten before Wednesday's game, the matchup is in Eric's favor.  I'm sure David is crossing his fingers that Johnson and Graham will be worth their rounds 1 and 2 picks, and even though I'll be rooting for them (for David's sake), I think I should go with common sense on this one.
Winner: errrdayimRussell'in

Rainbow Warriors v. Spider Pig
Jeff is probably happy he picked up Gerhart now, with Peterson's status for Sunday uncertain.  However, it might not even be a bad idea for him to start Jennings.  Just a thought.  Picking the winner of this one is no fun, because there are too many question marks on both teams (Jeff: Lloyd has yet to prove himself, Jackson is a lazy bum, Peterson is kind of hurt, and there are too many backup RBs to choose from.  Luke: Wallace has been out of practice, Austin and Charles are returning from injuries).  Since Jeff's team seems to have more severe question marks, I'm going to have to go with..
Winner: Spider Pig

The Debbinator v. RelientK
Good news for Laura, MJD finally showed up for practice.  Bad news is he probably won't play Sunday, and even if he does, I doubt he'll be that effective.  Even with Bradshaw in her lineup to replace MJD, I think David has enough firepower, especially at the WR position, to hold Laura off this week.  I don't think it will be as big of a margin of victory as Yahoo predicts, but I think Laura will suffer early on for MJD's bone-headedness.
Winner: The Debbinator

THE Pain Train v. choubacca
How can I put Gabs at #1 in my power rankings and not choose him to win?  I still think his team is one of the strongest in our league until proven otherwise.  Aaron may put up a fight, but I think he'll fall short, with the blame falling on Vick, Turner, and his lousy WR2 and WR3s.
Winner: THE Pain Train

No comments:

Post a Comment