Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Predictions: Week 2

TimLukeEric
Last week's record(3-2)(2-3)(2-3)
Overall record(3-2)(2-3)(2-3)
Percentage0.600.400.40


odoyle RULES v. errrdayimRussell'in
I'll take my QB and RBs over Eric's stronger WRs any week.  I think Matt Ryan will blow Russell Wilson out of the water enough to hand the victory over to the odoyles.
Winner: odoyle RULES

Green Nicks and Cam v. choubacca
Justina's team is bound to bounce back from last week's performance.  Cam has to do better for the Panthers to win the Super Bowl, right?  But seriously, Aaron's team needs more support for Arian Foster.  Even with a hot RGIII, I think Justina's WRs will do better this week and give her the W.  Plus, the name change has to somehow affect her team in a positive way, right?
Winner: Green Nicks and Cam

Rainbow Warriors v. Terrific Tortoises
I'm amazed at how off the Yahoo predictions are for David's team.  Jeff's got Aaron Rodgers, a much-improved Adrian Peterson, and Gronk.  That easily neutralizes David's weapons, which would be.. Jimmy Graham.  Ok, maybe Andre Johnson, too.  Sorry, David, I don't think that'll be enough.  Chris Johnson?  Let's not even go there.
Winner: Rainbow Warriors

The Debbinator v. Spider Pig
It'll come down to how Luke's RBs will do.  I think they're pretty even at QB, Luke's got the advantage at WR, but Luke's RBs could either fall horribly flat, or be serviceable.  David will make up for it a little at the TE position, but I'm not sure David's team will be able to replicate its performance from last week.
Winner: Spider Pig

THE Pain Train v. RelientK
Laura is stuck with another tough matchup this week.  I'd love to see her team win.  Not just to de-throne Gabs from my power rankings, but also for her own redemption.  Do I think it will happen?  No.  As I've said before, Gabs's team is good.  And with CJ Spiller starting, I think it's even scarier.  For Laura, I don't think Romo will have as good of a week this week, and I don't think Ray Rice, MJD, Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, and Dwayne Bowe can produce enough to beat out McFadden, Spiller, Julio, Stevie Johnson, and (a better-looking) Reggie Wayne.  Man, Gabs has a good team.
Winner: THE Pain Train


To end the post, here is a lovely poem by none other than the brilliant poet Justina Chen:

I am Cam
Cam I am

That Cam I am
That Cam I am!
We’ll win this week
With Cam I am

We like Cam more than R – G – III
And Akers more than Nate Kaeding
Though Victor Cruz has many tricks
Where Eli throws is Hakim Nicks
We’ll beat Choubacca in the rush
We’ll beat him using Reggie Bush!

We'll win this week,
Green Nicks and Cam!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Cam I am!

2 comments: