Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Predictions: Week 4

Eric has improved his record to 60%, while Luke evidently gave up for week 3.  I guess it doesn't matter who you think will win when your team just wins all the time.

TimLukeEric
Last week's record(3-2)(0-0)(4-1)
Overall record(10-5)(5-5)(9-6)
Percentage0.670.500.60


odoyle RULES v. The Debbinator
I hate to say this, but Matt Ryan is going to light up the Carolina Panthers.  And I'm going to be happily sad about it.  Or sadly happy.  David wins the WR and TE battles, but my RBs will dominate David's, especially with an injured Matt Forte.  I need redemption.  I need points.  I need a quality win.
Winner: odoyle RULES

Green Nicks and Cam v. Rainbow Warriors
It's hard to know where Justina's team is going to be in a few days.  Clearly, it has the ability to put up serious numbers.  But it also has the ability to flop, as witnessed last week.  If Forte is out this week and Justina is smart enough to start the other Bush (not Reggie), then I like her chances of pulling out the win.  I think Panthers v. Falcons will be a shootout, so even though the Falcons D will mess around with Cam and the Panthers' offense a lot, I think Cam will still manage to score a lot of points, either with his arm or with his legs.  AJ Green and Marshawn Lynch should also have good weeks.  Jeff's team.. falls on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.  I get the feeling he won't pick himself out of this slump enough to make Jeff a happy camper.  And can Alfred Morris and Adrian Peterson be relied upon?  We'll see.  I think they have a better chance of helping Jeff than Aaron Rodgers will.  I think this will be a close game, and I'm just going to go with my gut feeling.
Winner: Green Nicks and Cam

errrdayimRussell'in v. choubacca
Let's see..
RGIII >> Philip Rivers
Arian Foster + Michael Turner (smart start.. Panthers run D sucks) >> BJGE + Doug Martin (or whoever else Eric decides to start at RB)
Martellus Bennett > Jason Witten
BUT
Eric's WRs > Aaron's WRs.  I only used one ">" because Calvin Johnson's status depends on Matthew Stafford's status.  Put in a healthy Stafford, and it'll be Megatron all day.  It won't be enough for Eric, though.
Winner: choubacca

THE Pain Train v. Terrible Titans T_T
Do I really have to elaborate?  Gabs has the advantage at all positions.  Even with an injured CJ Spiller, I'm confident in Gabs's team's ability to pull out the win.  Plus, Gabs was smart (and somewhat lucky) enough to pick up Tashard Choice from the waivers.  Now he has 3 Buffalo Bills RBs, which I'm sure he's thrilled about using up his roster spots for.  But hey, it's insurance.  I'm not going to question the guy who picked up, IN ROUND 11, the best RB thus far in fantasy football.  What the crap.
Winner: THE Pain Train

RelientK v. Spider Pig
Laura was smart to pick up Dalton to help her team out, at least for this week.  Tom Brady will probably get more points for Luke, but Laura's RBs are going to have a field day.  And don't expect Jamaal Charles to replicate his eye-popping performance from last week.  I think Luke's got the upper hand at WR, as well as TE.  I hate to say it, but Laura is just getting no love thus far this season.  At least she gets to play David Li's team next week.  Then mine.  :)
Winner: Spider Pig

2 comments:

  1. Come on, Tim. You can shade me, but don't do Jimmy Graham wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok you're right, you have the better TE. Sorry, David.

      Delete