Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Power Rankings: Week 2

What a weird Week 2.  Justina and Aaron rode their waves of superstar performances, and luckily Aaron wasted it on Justina instead of on someone else's poor team.  Apart from a few random blow-ups, the league scoring was kind of.. boring.  But maybe my attitude is tainted by my team's poor performance.  Yeah, that's probably what it is.


1. THE Pain Train (2-0) [1]
I can't bump Gabs's team down even though he didn't come near to scoring the most points this week.  His team has been the most consistent of all the heavyweights.  It is still all-around solid, and would not be one I would want to face on any given week.  Yes, McFadden disappointed, but CJ Spiller is ridiculousness.  Gabs's WRs are pretty sick as well.  Reggie Wayne has been impressive with a new QB, Stevie Johnson has put up reliable numbers, and Julio Jones has shown he can put up big numbers.


2. Green Nicks and Cam (1-1) [7]
It appears that Justina willed her team to victory simply by changing her team name.  All three players (Green, Nicks, and Cam) did well, and she got a huge boost from Reggie Bush, the only ray of hope on that pitiful Miami team.  Don't expect Reggie to score that many points in one week ever again, though.  There's little doubt in my mind that Cam will continue to put up big numbers and her WRs will be solid plays.  Marshawn Lynch?  TBD, but he has upside.  Regardless, remember when I had Justina's team all the way at 2nd place during the preseason rankings?  I think this week her team showed it deserved to be back up here.  Even without her points from Reggie Bush, she would have beaten everyone else this week except Aaron.  Kudos to that.


3. choubacca (0-2) [8]

Good choice starting RGIII over Vick.  He's still looking like the next Cam Newton.  Richardson was a total surprise (to me) this week.  If he continues to play like that, look out.  The Browns suck though, so that might hurt his numbers from week to week.  But I think he'll be a good start for most weeks.  Victor Cruz finally decided to catch some balls this week, too.  If Aaron's team shows up to play, they can definitely bring his team to victory.. wait, no, sorry - I mean they can... score a lot of points.  Yes, it was a tough loss.  He almost pulled it out, but Justina's team was too ridiculous this week.


4. RelientK (0-2) [3]

Laura still has some solid RBs, but her WRs failed her this week.  Except Bowe, who got a couple of late TDs that didn't really matter at the end of his game.  Will her WRs bounce back?  I think so.  She's also got some firepower on the bench to pull from if she needs.  She just has to figure out who to start.  If I were Laura, I wouldn't be too worried about the strength of my team - all the right pieces are there - I'd just be worried about why I have such terrible matchups.


5. Spider Pig (2-0) [5]
Luke's team still has got the same story - solid team minus the RB position.  Sproles does a decent job again this week, but Jamaal Charles was pitiful.  But you might say that Luke had DeAngelo on the bench, so that should count for something.  First off, bench points don't count towards the actual game.  Secondly, I don't think DeAngelo will be scoring that many points on a regular basis, since he'll be splitting carries with Stewart and Cam.  In spite of his lousy RB situation, Luke's team still scored a respectable amount of points this week, so I can't go hating on them too much.  Yes, each week has only been a middle-of-the-road performance for Luke's team compared to the rest of the league (4th most points last week, 5th most points this week).  But his record is still 2-0, and rightfully so, statistically.  Props for that.


6. The Debbinator (1-1) [2]

Wow, talk about being on two different ends of the spectrum.  He loses Aaron Hernandez in a rough injury, Matt Forte goes out early in his game, as does Steve Smith.  Looking like the injury bug might be biting David early this year.  Gonzalez is an excellent backup for Hernandez, and I think David has some decent WRs to fill in the empty spaces left by #89 and an ever-slipping Wes Welker.  Brees did ok, but the Saints are still struggling.  I'm not sure if even Ben Tate will be a reliable every-week RB as long as Arian Foster stays healthy, though.  McGahee provided a small glimmer of hope in this week's lineup, but it wasn't enough to compensate for the rest of David's team.  His team gets a bump down this week due to injuries and uncertainties, but not too far down, because I think they can pretty easily bounce back.


7. Rainbow Warriors (1-1) [4]

What happened to Aaron Rodgers?  I guess we all have our bad days, but Jeff had little to work with sans production from the Green Bay QB.  Gore and Gronk had good weeks.  His WRs still don't look spectacular, though.  Jeff will need Rodgers to have more consistency in order to keep his team competitive. And some better performances from the WRs would help, too.


8.  errrdayimRussell'in (1-1) [10]

Eric finally came to his senses and picked up a more reliable QB.  Not to say starting Russell Wilson would have changed the outcome of this week's matchup, but having Rivers definitely made his team score a scarier amount of points.  His WRs played to their potential this week, and his RBs got the job done.  Where was this team last week?  In spite of an impressive performance, his team still has more to prove before it gets a bigger nudge up in the rankings.  I'm still skeptical of what it can do.


9. odoyle RULES (1-1) [6]

Woe is my team.  When I realized I couldn't beat Eric, my next goal was to not get the least amount of points this week.  So much for that happening.  My WRs need to step it up, or I need to find better WRs, in order for my team to be respectable.  Otherwise, I'll be stuck in the bottom half for the whole season.


10. Terrible Titans T_T (1-1) [9]
I had already found this logo for David's previous name, so I'm just going to use it anyway because I like it.  As I mentioned before, my intent was not to poo on David's team, I was just writing things the way I saw them.  Anyways, Eli blows up for David this week, but even with a nice performance from the younger Manning, David still can't manage to put up a respectable amount of points (2nd to last in points scored).  It's smart that David finally has Chris Johnson on the trading block.  It'll be interesting to see who actually wants to pick him up (my guess: no one, unless it's used as collateral).  Word of advice to David: if you still have him by Week 3, don't start him.  Another word of advice: utilize your good waiver position to pick some people up.  You don't need 2 defenses, you don't need Doug Baldwin, and you probably won't need Heyward-Bey, either.  You almost won this week, though - if that makes you feel any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment