Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Predictions: Week 8

There's a lot of parity between spots 4-10 right now. That being said, I'm predicting no upsets this week.

Overall Predictions Record (4-2)

GAME OF THE WEEK:
1) Unicorn Queen (4-3) vs. Di Yi (5-2)
QB: I think Dalton and Cam are both going to score in bunches this week. Cam will get a rushing TD, and Dalton will do all his damage in the air. Dalton is still the top QB in FF. Slight edge to Abraham.
Advantage: Di Yi

WR: Tim needs all of his WRs to play well this week in order for him to pull off the upset, and I don't see that happening. Benjamin is probably going to be smothered by Patrick Peterson. Martavis will be fine. And Maclin is coming off a concussion. As for Abraham, his WRs are just too strong. Green is going to hook up with Dalton for a TD this week. Jeffrey is going to have another monster game. And Sanders is in a groove with Peyton right now.
Advantage: Di Yi

RB: Tim is going to need Miller to have a huge week to stand a chance against Abraham. Will he score enough? That's the question. I'm not expecting another 35 points from Lamar, but something in the range of 17-20 points. Hyde is going up against a stout St. Louis DEF, so I am expecting 5 or less points. Can Johnson and Hillman match Miller in output? I think so.
Advantage: Di Yi

TE: Olsen is still a little too boom or bust for me, but I think this week he will break out. Witten faces Seattle DEF with Cassell now delivering him the ball.
Advantage: Unicorn Queen

K/DEF: Gostkowski over Gano. He's an automatic 10 per week. I don't see Minn DEF or Arizona DEF playing that much better than the other, but I'm going to give the slight edge here to Arizona.
Advantage: Di Yi

Winner: Di Yi
The only way I see Tim's team winning is if Miller goes off again for 30 points. I don't think that's going to happen.

REST OF THE PACK:
2) HAMAJANG (1-6) vs. The Walking Dez (4-3)
Yahoo favors me over David Lin, but I'm not convinced.

QB: Rodgers faces a very tough defense in Denver at Mile High Stadium. Two TDs from Rodgers would be a good day. Cutler faces a pretty tough matchup against Minn.
Advantage: Tie

WR: I think OBJ is in for a big game this week against NO DEF. Moncrief should fare well even against a strong Carolina secondary. Nate Washington has a savory matchup against TEN DEF. I can't see Diggs, Ginn, and James Jones outplaying David Lin's WRs. Major edge to David Lin. 
Advantage: The Walking Dez

RB: Murray and Forte both have tough matchups against stout run defenses. Duke Johnson also faces a tough matchup against Arizona. Woodhead gets a soft Baltimore DEF, but will he get the touches? Eh, I like me a bit more but only slightly.
Advantage: HAMAJANG

TE: Barnidge is the #2 TE in the game right now.
Advantage: HAMAJANG

K/DEF: David Lin's team dominates at special teams, and it's not even close. I'm not expecting as much production against a high powered GB offense, but they will still be respectable.
Advantage: The Walking Dez

Winner: The Walking Dez
If there's going to be an upset this week, it will be me. However, I think David Lin's WRs + special teams will score enough to give him the W.

3) David's Team (4-3) vs. Spider Pig (1-6)
Yahoo has Luke over David Li. I'm not so sure.

QB: Tanehill will regress towards the mean this week against NE. I'm expecting more average production from him. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 yards and 2 TDs. Ryan gets a very weak TB DEF but has played poorly as of late. I like Ryan here.
Advantage: Spider Pig

WR: Luke has the clear advantage here at WR. Brown has Big Ben back. Mike Evans faces a soft ATL DEF. And Demaryius is getting targets just not TDs. Meanwhile, Cooper is visiting Revis Island. A good showing from LaFell and Snead would be 8 points each.
Advantage: Spider Pig

RB: Forsett has a great matchup this week against SD. I think he will get 15+ points. Lynch is back to his Beastmode ways. Meanwhile, Ivory is hobbled, and Blue is in a RB-by-committee attack. Clear advantage to David Li.
Advantage: David's Team

TE: Bennett is getting major targets but not yards. Kelce is good for 7-8 points a week. 
Advantage: David's Team

K/DEF: I like St. Louis DEF against SF like...a lot. Poor Kaep is going to struggle again this week. Boswell will also get his points with Big Ben back. 
Advantage: David's Team

Winner: David's Team
David's RBs and special teams neutralize Luke's superior advantage at WR.

4) I Don't Gronk W/ You (3-4) vs. I Called Game (2-5)
Assuming that Duke makes the necessary switches, then he's got a chance against Justina this week.

QB: You can't not pick Brady here. Luckily for Justina though, I don't think the drop off between Brady and Big Ben/Stafford is that steep this week. Slight advantage to Duke.
Advantage: I Called Game

WR: If Duke plays John Brown this week, then he's got a chance. Megatron is capable of matching Hop in production. Same goes for Brown vs. Landry. It's a toss up between Wright and Crabtree, the latter of whom faces the NY Jets secondary. This one's close, but I think Hop is going to have a monster week. Wright should do well against Houston too. Edge to Justina.
Advantage: I Don't Gronk W/ You

RB: If Duke plays Stewart this week, then it'll be enough to push him over the top. The combination of Stewart + Blount/Hill should be enough to beat Ingram + Randle/Crowell. I'm not expecting more than 2-3 points from Randle/Crowell.
Advantage: I Called Game

TE: Gronk.
Advantage: I Don't Gronk W/ You.

K/DEF: Nothing jumps out at me here. Assuming that Duke gets a sub for Sturgis this week, then I think this matchup is a toss up.
Advantage: Tie

Winner: I Don't Gronk W/ You
I don't think Duke has enough to pull off the upset this week.

5) Gurley Man (6-1) vs. Aaron Chou's Team (4-3)
QB: Rivers is going to outplay Luck here. Not by a lot but enough. I'm expecting 30+ from Rivers and closer to 22-25+ from Luck.
Advantage: Gurley Man

WR: I like all the matchups here for both teams. Someone on Andrew's team will get a TD this week. As for Aaron, Decker pretty much always gets a TD. Steve Smith is in store for a good week too against SD. Man, it's close. Really close.
Advantage: Gurley Man

RB: This is where Andrew gains separation from Aaron. Gurley + AP > Bell + Lewis. Lewis is injured and may not even be a factor in NE's game plan.
Advantage: Gurley Man

TE: Reed and Thomas are on bye this week, so Andrew is going with Watson. Aaron is guaranteed 0 points right now with Clay.
Advantage: Gurley Man

K/DEF: I like Aaron here more. Seattle DEF will score more FF points than an average NE DEF. Walsh and Folk will both get around the same amount of points hree.
Advantage: Aaron Chou's Team

Winner: Gurley Man
Andrew wins all the close matchups. Plus, his RB game is too strong.

6) TOUCHDOWN MACHINE (3-4) vs. JULIOthinkyouare?! (5-2)
If Gabs starts McFadden, he's got a shot at taking down Eric.

QB: Fitzpatrick has a great matchup against Oakland this week. I don't trust Russell right now.
Advantage: TOUCHDOWN MACHINE

WR: Eric has the clear advantage here. Even if Davante lays a goose egg, Julio + Hilton should be enough to counter anything Randle, Austin, and Cobb put up.
Advantage: JULIOthinkyouare?!

RB: Freeman is going to keep rolling. I'm predicting 20 points from him. Assuming Gabs starts McFadden over Lacy this week, then Gabs could win the match up here. Eric has decided to go with West and Martin. Both are solid plays this week. Slight edge to Gabs if McFadden gets the start.
Advantage: TOUCHDOWN MACHINE

TE: Gabs needs a good week from Graham if he's going to pull off the upset. That's difficult to figure out, but I think he'll get it. Eifert is good for at least 10 points against the Steelers.
Advantage: TOUCHDOWN MACHINE

K/DEF: Carolina DEF should get takeaways against Indy this week. That's the difference at special teams.
Advantage: JULIOthinkyouare?!

Winner: JULIOthinkyouare?!
Eric's WRs win it for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment