Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Response

First off, a standing ovation to Jeff for stepping up to the blogging plate and hitting homer after homer with his posts.  I have thoroughly enjoyed them, and encourage him to continue (more on this later).

Due to the bitterness that was seething through the screen of my mobile device that I sensed from Jeff towards me in his previous post, I felt I should respond.
  1.  I beat Jeff.
  2. Yes, perhaps luck was involved.  But I still beat Jeff.
  3. Skill was definitely involved.  Even if the level of skill was minimal, it takes skill to log in to Yahoo and switch your FF players.  I beat Jeff.
  4. Jeff can cry all he wants about being some lucky charm for other teams, and he can even doctor data to prove his point (I like that he said Abraham's beating of Duke was an anomaly, but also assumed my beating of him was not, since he didn't remove that game from his doctored data chart.  I beat Jeff.), but it doesn't negate the fact that his Points For is still in the bottom half of the league.  So sure, people are scoring ridiculous amounts of points against your team, Jeff, but sometimes the best defense is a better offense... said some coach somewhere.  Refer to Justina's classic Points Against post if you are confused about what I'm talking about.
  5. My hypothesis for not making the playoffs since 2011 is what I believe is a blog curse.  In mystical terms, I believe I was cursed in fantasy football for writing in the blog.  In practical terms, the time it took me to write the blog detracted from the time I spent working on my fantasy football team.  Yet, here I am.  However, don't let that discourage you, Jeff, from continuing to blog.  Please continue.  Like the Timmy Curse, it may not actually exist.  I may just be that bad of an FF manager.
  6. I realized I didn't answer Justina's question about why Hasselbeck liked my tweet, but that's because she answered her own question.  We are all ridiculously attractive.  Oh, and we were at a charity event for MTI, an organization he's involved in in Seattle. But my first point is more relevant.
  7. Unrelated to Jeff's post - I figured David Lin and Aaron wouldn't have enough money to get Charcanderick, and consistent with what I guessed, Eric was the next to step up and splurge on Jamaal 2.0 - which could bode well for him.  But dang, $62 is a lot of moniez for a yet to be proven RB.
  8. Never forget the #UnicornPower - shootout to Andrew for helping re-brand my team and create a winning culture.  I hope it lasts longer than a week.  It was the result of a bet, but I think I'm going to keep the name for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment