Friday, September 18, 2015

Fun Fact Friday

Since Thursday Night Football introduces another awkward stretch when we have to twiddle our thumbs and put up with college football before Sunday, I thought I'd try a little something new: Fun Fact Friday, lady and gents.  How is this different from #MondayLulz?  It's Friday.

Fun Facts this Friday:
  1. Comic Sans is #1.
    Granted, it's the first week, and he got there in large part because of the beast performance of his newly-named-team's mascot, but his team is still #1.  What a comeback - who'da thunk.  Sorry, DeEz.
  2. Aaron is #2.
    If you would have told me this a week ago, I would have thought you were on drugs.  If you told me a week ago that Aaron wants to try and get us to use Facebook more, I would have thought: "Typical, as if I needed to waste more time in my life."
  3. Aaron starting DeMarco Murray AND Darren Sproles maybe wasn't such a bad idea.
    I really should stop talking smack about Aaron's team.
  4. David Lin, the reigning champion, is last.
    Maybe the Super Bowl curse applies to Fantasy too.
  5. The last time David Lin spent $30 on a Quarterback was... Kirk Cousins.
    Remind me again how that one panned out?  Envious, am I?  Ok, yes, maybe.  But I will add that David spent over half of his FAAB money on waivers in one day ($60, for those of you not counting), renamed his team to highlight one of his new acquisitions, and didn't even start his team's namesake.  That's a lot of moniez to pay for a name change.
  6. Andrew has not cleverly renamed his team yet.
    And that's probably why his team is not winning right now.
  7. Teams that got screwed over by Monday Night comebacks last week: 4.
    Sorry not sorry to David Li, Justina, Abraham, and Duke.  I haven't been counting, but it seems reasonable to assert that that's a record of some sort.
  8. My team scored more points than David's team last week.
    Pick one - yup, it's true.  Pick another one - still true.

No comments:

Post a Comment