Thursday, September 10, 2015

And So The Season Begins

As the first game of the NFL season kicks off, a part of me could care less (the part that realized how crappy my FF team ended up being... before the season even started), but another part of me is excited to see how this FF season unfolds (the usual drama, poking fun, #MondayLulz, etc. etc.).


As most of you know, #TomShady won his fight against the powers that be, and will be playing tonight, but the Panthers will always be Super Bowl 38 champions in my mind.  Who knows what kind of cheating went on that year - no joke, I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots deflated John Kasay's kicking ball, making him shank it out of bounds that last kick-off.  #GloryDays



I'm sure Duke is happy about the ruling, though.

Not that starting Sam Bradford would have been all that bad, but #TomShady will be playing with a chip on his shoulder tonight, I'm sure.  On a somewhat unrelated note, am I the only one that thinks it's funny how half of Duke's team is either old (#TShade, VJax, Arian Foster, Megatron) or injury-prone (Bradford, Foster, Megatron, JStew, Legarrette Blunts)?  Is it true that our drafting / player selection is just a reflection of who we are?  ~Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy~


Duke also almost lucked out this week, by playing Aaron.  I mean, he still lucked out, since he is still playing Aaron, but he almost lucked out big time.  Aaron touts his ability to bring back the aaronisyourdaddy days, but he nearly started Le'Veon Bell tonight, and a part of me wonders if he would have forgotten the NFL season started today if it weren't for Eric's timely e-mail.  Oh, no worries though - Aaron's still got the re-incarnation of Cris Carter.  Watch out.



I've already mentioned David Lin's excessive transaction moves (15 before the first game has even been played) - are we going to see 100+ moves this season, now that some moniez is on the line?  IS THIS WHAT FF HAS DONE TO US????

But looking at what David Lin has actually done for those moves is what entertains me the most.  I can imagine what's going on in his head: "My bench sux cuz I spent all my cash on OBJ, Dez, Peyton, and CJ Anderson.. okokok I can figure this out... Oooh, Jordan Reed, I like him - ok get rid of Duke Johnson, Jr., unproven rookie.  Wait, no I think I like him, ok get rid of Shane Vereen who is #oldnews.  Oh, what about Matt Jones?  In case Alfred Morris sux?  Yeah!  Who to drop... Allen Hurns.  Wait, no, Matt Jones is garbage - I need Shane Vereen back on my team.  How about this Doritos Green-Beckham?  Might get big like his cousin Odell.  Yeah! ...*17 seconds later*... No!  All about that Kamar Aiken - #89 is going to slow down, and Perriman is hurt.  Genius!  Wait, no!  I want Allen Hurns back.... *sigh*  #MyBenchSux"  The struggle is real, David.  Just none of us shows it like you do on the waiver wires.


And how is it that people have already spent FAAB money?  I feel so behind.


Can we talk about wasted draft money for a second?  Poor Justina spends $35 on her kicker, UNC-alumnus Connor Barth, only to have him cut by the Bucs.  Ouch.  I mean, who spends $35 to draft a player, only to drop him before the season even starts?  Oh wait...



I can't help but feel a little sorry for Jeff, too.  I mean, he couldn't land his sweetheart star QB #TShade and went for another big-timer.  But who will he throw it too?



Ok, #RealTalk tho about some serious issues now.

#LULLLLZZZZZ  Did that line just get crossed?


By the way, #DeEz4PrEz



For those of you who will be watching, enjoy the game tonight.  I still hate Thursday night games.

No comments:

Post a Comment