Thursday, September 12, 2013

Predictions: Week 2

I'm surprised - no one is up for challenging me again this season?!

Tim
Last week's record(4-2)
Overall record(4-2)
Percentage0.67

Pinchers of Peril (0-1) v. Choux AKA Sweet Buns (1-0)
Starting Carson Palmer over Danger Russ?  Sure, he's up against the 49ers.  And he didn't do as well as Palmer did last week.  But I'd start the younger QB in this case, since the Seahawks game will be a big rival game, on a Sunday Night, at home, and Palmer is just... old.  (Fun fact - who is the oldest starting QB in the NFL?  Of course, Peyton Manning (age 37).  Who is the oldest current QB in the NFL?  Jeff Garcia (age 43)!  And did you know that Tom Brady (age 36) is only one year younger than Peyton Manning?!  He looks like he's... 25.  So dreamy.)  Wait, but why am I giving Aaron advice on how to beat me?  Disregard.  Thanks, Sweet Buns - I needed the Week 2 win anyways.  :)  Even if C.J. Spiller only gives me 4 points.
Winner: Pinchers of Peril

Spider Pig (1-0) v. The Pain Train (1-0)
I'm liking RG3 against the Packers, all of Gabs's WRs over Luke's, and while Luke's RBs will probably outperform Gabs's, I think Gabs's intagibles (i.e. having Terry Tate as your mascot) will propel him to victory.  And sorry about your team photo, Luke.  Pigs are fat.  At least the tasty ones are.  You should rename your team Spider Bacon.  Mmm... Bacon.
Winner: The Pain Train

Charlotte Hornets (0-1) v. Jen Wong's Team (0-1)
Abraham smarted up and is starting Welker this week.  He's got too many RBs to know what to do with himself, though.  I'll be happy to take DeAngelo off your hands, Abraham.  I'll give you David Wilson - projected breakout of the year.  Or you could donate some to Jen - it looks like her team is in need of a few good RBs as well.  If the Brees-Colston connection can exponentiate for Jen, then Abraham may have something to worry about.  Otherwise, this one should be a relatively easy win for the Hornets, circa 1990s, the days of Grandmama Johnson.
Winner: Charlotte Hornets

Password is Taco (1-0) v. Unicorn Burps (1-0)
Aaron Rodgers in a shootout with RG3 - that's what's going to happen, right?  I can't see Marshawn and Steven Jackson having breakout weeks, so David's QB and WRs save the day.  The unicorn is burping because of the taco it had Sunday afternoon?  Is that how that works?
Winner: Unicorn Burps

Ham'wheelin'&dealin (0-1) v. Terrific Tortoises (0-1)
I'm glad Eric decided to start Vick over Romo.  Romo sucks.  I have a feeling David won't hit his stride this week quite yet, for the following reasons:
1. I'm not particularly keen about his RBs, especially with Ridley stinking it up last week.
2. Roddy White is questionable for the week.
3. Who knows how Megatron will respond to last week's debacle.  I don't think it will be pretty.  In a bad way, for David.
4. Tom Brady is 36 years old!?
Winner: Ham'wheelin'&dealin

Seenie J (0-1) v. You've Changed Bro (1-0)
Even if Duke leaves his TE spot empty, I think he's got a good shot against Jeff's team.  I doubt Manning will have another monster day, but I think that brother rivalry will get his 37-year-old chops going, and he'll do well.  The only thing keeping Jeff in it are his RBs and his nice waiver wire pickup Edelman (who is making bank with all these Patriots getting hurt), but I don't think it will be enough for him this week.
Winner: You've Changed Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment