Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tim's Power Rankings - Week 9

Power Rankings - Week 9
[Previous Rank in brackets]


1.  (7-1, 940.98 pts) [1] - Yeah duh, her team's good.  I'm almost getting tired of saying it each week.  How come the injury bug doesn't plague her team like it has everyone else's?  I also have no idea what photo to use for her anymore.


2.  (6-2, 911.88 pts) [2] - I have a feeling these top two teams won't be changing for a while.  Why?  Because look at who is chasing after them.  A bunch of nobodies with a bunch of nobody players.  Just kidding.  Kind of.  Cam Newton is pretty awesome.  But the rest?  Eh.


3.  (5-3, 809.06 pts) [5] - Still not a Tebow believer, but he's getting the job done for Eric.  He's got a solid team.  Kasay has high aspirations.


4.  (4-4, 801.80 pts) [3] - Luke's made some smart pickups at the RB position, but I'm not sure how long his luck will last in trying to ride backups for the long-term.  For now, it'll work.  His QB and WRs are good, though.  And MJD offers the stability that I almost loathed him for sometimes.  Sike, I liked MJD - I just wanted Steve Smith more.


5.  (4-4, 843.96 pts) [7] - Cam Newton is the best thing that has happened to me this year.  In real life and in fantasy life.  Like the Panthers, I am building my team around him.  But unlike the Panthers, I have gotten a good number of wins out of it.  I think my team is deserving of a bump in the positive direction.  Oh yeah, and LeSean McCoy is pretty good too - I mean, c'mon he's got 4 capital letters in his name.  This week will unveil one of my team's many weaknesses (hence my hesitance to bump my team up any further up), since the Panthers are on bye, but I'm hoping for a miracle.


6.  (4-4, 786.94 pts) [4] - Decent showing this week, but not for a W.  I definitely have to respect his team, though - it's come a long way from where it was at the beginning of the season.  Aaron has made some pretty good moves and has scrapped together a fairly good team.  His (relatively) inconsistent WRs brings him down a few notches in comparison with the other teams above him, but I think you could make a case for him near the top of the rankings.  I honestly just think #3-7 are a wash (still).


7.   (3-5, 799.64 pts) [8] - That's what I think of when I think of David's team's name.  I'm just sayin'.  Anyways - not starting Steven Jackson proved to be a fatal mistake - but I can't blame him, but I probably would have done the same thing.  At least David knows now to give Jackson a more serious look, even though he plays one of the few teams worse than the Panthers.  I still believe in David's team and its ability to put up good numbers.  Especially with his new mascot.


8.  (3-5, 769.74 pts) [6] - My my, Chris Johnson - big flop story of fantasy football this season.  But that's not the only reason why David's team is falling, right?  I mean, he's got 2 of the top 4 scoring players in our whole league!  That's much better than Justina can claim (her top 2 scoring players are #12 CJ and #14 Ryan Fitzpatrick??).  Oh wait, I know why!  Because those two players are Drew Brees and Matthew Stafford.  You can't play 2 QBs in a fantasy game - NO WONDER. Ok, enough hating.  But for realz - wasted points.


9.  (2-6, 718.78 pts) [10] - What?  Laura made her way out of the bottom!  Huzzah, she's getting somewhere!  Eli Manning is turning his game around, and she's had some fairly nice contributions from her other team members as well.  At least enough to score more points than...


10.  (2-6, 715.68 pts) [9] - Hopefully McFadden will return in full force, but in the meantime, Gabs's team is looking a little pitiful.  His kicker was the 2nd highest scorer last week.  And only by .02 points.

4 comments:

  1. I approve of the new picture.

    Also, remember Kenny Britt?? Yeah, that happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute baby...almost as cute as mine will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Are you trying to tell us something, Laura?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been feeling baby crazy recently, but no, we aren't trying yet. Soon, though!

    ReplyDelete