Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Power Rankings: Week 6

As we enter the mid-way point of the fantasy football regular season, ladies and gentlemen of Nu-er Thang and the interworld, I am sad to say that I will be taking a hiatus from fantasy football blogging.  You can attribute it to a variety of reasons:
1. It is taking up a lot of time that I wish I had.  ROI is not adding up.
2. C.J. Spiller, David Wilson, Randall Cobb, Daryl Richardson, Hakeem Nicks, must I go on?
3. To preserve my sanity.
4. I'm beginning to truly believe that fantasy foosball is the devil.
David Li has probably already reached this conclusion.

This is not to say I will not blog any more for the rest of the season.  I may do a less-frequent power rankings and / or analysis, who knows.  I just need to get back to my happy place, and I'm not sure how long that will take.  I hope you can understand.  But I will not deprive you of one more power ranking before I take my leave.  Enjoy.


1. The Pain Train (5-1) [1]

Gabs is just all over that waiver wire.  He's determined not to let complacency kill his team this year.  Bravo to him - it looks like it's working out well so far.  Didn't even lose a step with the loss of Julio, thanks to Justin Blackmon.


2. Jen Wong's Team (5-1) [3]

It was a close call against Duke's team this week, and it wasn't a high-scoring affair, but I'm sure she'll take it.  Jen's team continues to get it done.  Even with the loss of Amendola, she's got options on the bench.  It'll be interesting to see how the Saints bye week affects her team, though.


3. Password is Taco (5-1) [4]

I don't get it, but I'm not even going to question it anymore.  Justina's team is way more legit than anything I could muster together this season, even if the reasons confound me.  Props.


4. Unicorn Burps (2-4) [2]

Ouch, tough loss.  Yet another upset, and DeMarco also goes down (it was only a matter of time, really).  David has so-so backup options for his RB spot in the meantime.  Aaron Rodgers loses a top-WR in Cobb, which may mean struggling stats for David's QB.  And until he starts winning games, I'm not sure his team deserves the #2 spot.  Things don't seem to be looking up.  The dagger: he has the same record as I do.


5. Charlotte Hornets (3-3) [6]

Trent Richardson needs to do some stepping up.  Nevertheless, a solid performance this week for Abraham's team.  And it seems like he's been making pretty smart moves on the waiver wire, too.


6. Choux AKA Sweet Buns (3-3) [5]

Ok, yeah, maybe it's time to panic a little.  Jimmy Graham out is a huge blow.


7.  Seenie J (4-2) [9]

Cam finally plays to his potential, and Jeff one-ups me yet again.  Sad week for Adrian Peterson in more ways than one, but he'll bounce back, I hope.  Anyone offer Jeff a trade yet?  San Fran D and Tony Gonzalez - that's a tempting deal.  Let's see, hoping to get the killer 1-2 combo of Greg Little and Brandon Lafell for that?


8. Spider Pig (2-4) [10]

Luke puts together a very impressive week, but time will tell whether it will be sustainable.  I will note that his team has been showing steady signs of improvement since his poor Weeks 2 and 3 performances.  They just didn't manifest themselves in wins until this week.


9. You've Changed Bro (2-4) [8]

It was a case of even-numbered-week-syndrome.  This week will be better.  Oh goody, he's playing me.


10. MUSCLEhamster! (1-5) [7]

Man, everyone has been beating up on Eric.  His team will definitely be better with the addition of Brandon Marshall, but fantasy luck is just not on his side this year.  No matter how hard I try to keep him up in the power rankings, his team somehow fails to perform each week.


11. Terrific Tortoises (2-4) [12]

Impressive win.  Just do that more, Stevan Ridley.


12. Pinchers of Peril (2-4) [11]

No comment.  I'm just looking forward to the start of college basketball.

2 comments: