Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Power Rankings: Week 4

Happy Belated Birthdays to the only two females in our league.  Both gifted with a win this week in fantasy football.  Direct quote from Jen: "I beat Eric San....one of the best bday presents so far :D"  I bet Justina thought the same thing, except her win was not as glorious.

Also note that the length of my entries is directly correlated with my success in fantasy football, which directly correlates with my interest in such foolish games.  So if you want longer entries, you have to start letting me win.  If it means benching all of your players, I'll take it.  A pity win is better than a loss.

Finally, props to Luke for his interesting Phoenix entry.  I'm not sure where he gets his numbers from, but it was still an entertaining read.  I mean, who assigns arbitrary numbers to teams based on how good he thinks they are, and then thinks it a "feelings-free" endeavor?  Oh wait...


1. The Pain Train (3-1) [1]

9.4 points for Shady is an "off day."  If only I could get that many points from my two RBs combined.


2. Unicorn Burps (2-2) [2]

Tough loss, but his team still produced a respectable number of points.  All without his star QB, too.


3. Choux AKA Sweet Buns (3-1) [5]

Jimmy Graham has been impressive.  Aaron's team is starting to play to its potential.


4. Jen Wong's Team (3-1) [8]

Jen's team still doesn't look that great on paper to me.  But they've been getting the job done, especially the past two weeks.  I'll give her a bump up, but I'm still skeptical about the sustainability of her success.


5. Ham'wheelin'&dealin (1-3) [4]

I'm still keeping Eric's team relatively high up here because I think Vick will bounce back, and a healthy Le'Veon Bell could do some major damage.  His team is better than his record shows.


6. Charlotte Hornets (2-2) [7]

Squeaked out a win this week, but the future is uncertain.  Run DMC is hurt, but Abraham may have worthy replacements.  We'll see how things play out.


7.  Password is Taco (3-1) [6]

How can you possibly win a game and still get dropped in the rankings?  Play my team.  Suckers.


8. Seenie J (3-1) [10]

I'm not buying what Jeff's trying to sell.  Out of obligation, he moves up in the rankings, but I still think his team is weak, aside from his RBs.  He'll need more than one week to prove me wrong.


9. You've Changed Bro (1-3) [3]

Duke was right, his team sucks.  Peyton is still holding up well, but injuries to other players still plague his team.  Gronk coming back will help, but the extent to which is unknown.


10. Spider Pig (1-3) [11]

In spite of the loss, Luke puts together a better showing than in weeks past.  However, he'll need more to become the phoenix he aspires to be.


11. Terrific Tortoises (1-3) [12]

A win!


12. Pinchers of Peril (1-3) [9]

I secretly think my team is not the worst in the league, but for the second week in a row, my team tanked.  Worst bottom-feeding party ever - spiders, pigs, and tortoises.  Well, tortoises are cool, but the other two?  Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. you just wait Jen.. i will have my revenge when it really counts later in the season.. this is a warning for the rest of you too! :)

    ReplyDelete