Monday, December 1, 2014

#2014Lulz

The regular season is just about over, and the playoff teams are all but set.  It has been a memorable season for me, with many thanks to all of you.  So here's a look back at a 2014 fantasy football season and all the #lulz it brought.  

The things I enjoyed most about this season.  #2014Lulz:  
  • We did the auction draft, and everybody loved it!...  Right??
  • The inception of #MondayLulz:
    • David: i clicked on Monday by accident and now Lulz is on my calender. i aint even mad.
  • We de-bunked the Timmy Curse.  I'm not going to prove it entirely here, but seeing as how my prediction record will be greater than 0.500, I think it's safe to say my predicting people to win does not cause them to lose.  For deeper analysis, contact Luke.
  • Our somewhat disturbing obsession with visual data... and that moment Jeff realized all his pictures on the internet could be seen around the world:
    • David Lin: I hate you Tim.
    • Tim: What did I do this time?
      Oh, was it this? ffnuthang.blogspot.com
      aka my witty-yet-insightful-yet-moderately-uninformed Fantasy Football Blog that is loved by all around the world?

      EntryPageviews
      United States
      12055
      Canada
      609
      Germany
      331
      United Kingdom
      287
      Russia
      259
      Ukraine
      186
      France
      169
      China
      156
      Palestine
      141
      Turkey
      116


      Jeff repping Palestine wut.  What I want to know is why so many Eastern Europeans are interested in Fantasy Football.
      #MONDAYLULZ
    • Jeff: HAHA this is awesome! And only about 15% of the awesome is due to its tabular nature. Just imagine how awesome it'd be in pie form.
    • Luke: Did someone ask for PIE??
      Inline image 1
    • Justina: You had me at pie.
    • Luke: Or perhaps a doughnut? 
      Inline image 1
    • Justina: Be still my fat clogged heart.
    • ...
    • Jeff: Tim- Seeing as to how global our blog is in terms of distribution, can you please take down the not so manly photos of me and use another picture instead? You know... Internet. Open source, etc.
    • Tim: ...to respect that 0.1% chance of something going wrong, I will take those amazing photos down.  And if anyone else wants his or her photo down, let me know.
    • Andrew: I would like mine taken down and replaced with the photo of Jeff and Brady. Thank you respecting my wishes.
    • Luke: I second Andrew's request. 
      I would also posit that the Jeff/Brady photo is hardly the most incriminating of Jeff's online photo oeuvre. 
    • Which eventually developed into this:
  • Abraham's Defenses, and the discovery of the cubix:
    • Andrew: What do you call a 3-d square?
    • Jeff: A cube? A cubix?
    • Andrew: ABRAHAM!! 
      Sorry Abraham. For some reason I thought Jeff was the one with three d's... Now I'm just randomly beefing. -_-
    • David Li: HAHAHA.
      Also what's a cubix?
    • Justina: ALSO why does Abraham have 3 defenses for real?!
  • ~~Game of the Season~~
  • Errrbody beating up on Eric with the smack talkery:
    • Eric expresses his love for Knile, and then curses his FFL thanks to Josh McCown:
      • Aaron: $51 for 1 weeks of points haha
      • Andrew: Lol!!! Eric be ballin!
      • Tim: Guys, you're making Eric sad now.  That's not nice.
        Inline image 2
      • Eric: Charles is made of glass. He WILL get hurt again.. you just watch. best $51 I ever spent!
      • David Lin: Why would you start mccown over flacco eric? I don't feel bad for your team anymore haha
      • Luke: Inline image 2
      • Eric: I was trying to make a smooth move. I opened up yahoo sports and they had Mccown and Douglas as "sleepers" for this week.. FMFFL. just FMFFL.
    • In response to me beating Eric, pending a miracle from Eli and Reuben Randle:
      • Eric: The chances of Eli and Randle combining for 74 points tonight are about as likely as Poon making the playoffs... lol sorry
      • Justina: Inline image 1
      • Eric: and Tim's MondayLulz this week (WITH VISUALS) are awesome. We should let him win some more guys.. Cause when he does, we all benefit
      • David Lin: You didn't let him win. He beat you
      • Justina: Inline image 1
      • Andrew: Or as likely as Eric starting Knile Davis behind Jamaal. Oh wait... Nvm.
    • Andrew reminding Eric that Eric got beat twice by Andrew's bottom-dwelling team:
      • Eric: Why do I have a strong feeling Jamauling Charles is gonna blow up tonight?? Oh dear, I'm gonna lose to Poon this week.. 
      • Andrew: That would be a first... oh wait... nvm...
      • Eric: LOL that's what I'm saying! You already beat me once! but we were 0-0..
        now you're a "bottom dweller" in the league with Chubs ;)
      • Justina: 
  • But best of all?  The finishing stats for Odoyle rules!:
    • Overall Record: 6-7
    • Final Standing: 9th Overall
    • Made Playoffs? No
    • Points For: ~1190 (9th in the league)
    • Record v. Unicorn Burps: 2-0
It's the little victories BAEEEBAEEE

1 comment: