Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Week 4 #PowerRankings - 🧢 Edition

Sometimes you just have to admit when you’re wrong, and that’s what I’m doing this week with the #PowerRankings 🧢 Edition. Isn't that what kids these days call it? Cap no cap. Anyways, I went back on the previous #PowerRankings to see when I made bad predictions or gave bad advice, and decided to lay it out this week. 


1. MyRavensStackIsntWorkingOut (Eric) (2-2) [2]

Eric’s team lost, but his team scored the most points of the top-tier teams in our league, so it gets a slight bump up in the rankings. Mark Andrews is a problem, though. I would have expected Eric to go harder for a TE in waivers, or maybe trade for one, but he may be rolling the dice another week, waiting for the Andrews breakout. Alternatively, it could be triple zeroes. The production Eric has been getting from Kamara, Lamar, Diggs, and co. have been enough to keep his team scary, though.

🧢: “He should be set at QB with Lamar Jackson, and I do like the Lamar-Mark Andrews stack to boot. But his WRs are turrible. Stefon Diggs would have been a great WR1 a year ago. Now I’m not even sure I’d want him as a WR2 or Flex. George Pickens is in what looks to be an awful Pittsburgh offense, and Ladd / Jameson / Adonai are all unproven.”

I was wrong about Mark Andrews, but I was also very wrong about Eric’s WRs - Stefon Diggs and George Pickens have done well for him so far, hence the #1 ranking.



2. Love thy Naber (Jeff Lin) (3-1) [1]

Jeff Lin had a dud week with zero from Pitts and sub-par production from his QB and RBs. It looks like he may have to keep rolling with Pitts for now, but I expect his other options to do better. Starting Andy Dalton at QB is bold, but probably wiser than starting Caleb Williams.

🧢: “Having 2 rookie WRs as potential starters - in Harrison and Nabers - could be dangerous (lots of boom-bust potential)”

I wasn’t super sold on either Harrison or Nabers, but they’ve both been anchoring Jeff’s team so far this season (minus Harrison’s slow Week 1). They’ve been pretty consistent, too - especially Nabers - his target numbers are ridiculous.



3. Breece Mode (Haji) (1-3) [3]

This week felt like a fluke week for Haji’s team. Breece Hall, Josh Allen, and even Devin Singletary should bounce back, so I fully expect Haji’s team to recover from this down week. Justin Jefferson is still awesome, and Chuba will continue to produce for at least 3-4 more weeks, if not for longer.

🧢: “he struggled to draft a reliable RB2 or TE. While Singletary and Hubbard are current starters on their respective teams, those teams aren’t very good.. so getting reliable production from them is questionable.”

I was dead wrong on Singletary and Hubbard - well, maybe half wrong about Hubbard. Both have provided solid RB2 / Flex production for Haji, and have turned out to be one of his stronger suits.



4. 第六 (Abraham) (2-2) [8]

Congrats again to the Week 4 #HighScore - it feels like Abraham’s team is starting to click on all cylinders with Kyren and Gibbs being super reliable RB options, Kincaid being as good of a TE as you’ll get right now, and his WRs continuing to produce. With Jordan Love back in the fold, I think Abraham’s stock is trending way upwards.

🧢: “But Jordan Love is a head-scratcher for me. At $5, I feel like Abraham could have gotten him in the draft if he really wanted him. But maybe Abraham sees something I don’t?”

Love was injured in Week 1 and out a couple of weeks, but he looks legit - keeping him for $5 should prove to be a good deal for Abraham.



5. Spider Pig (Luke) (3-1) [4]

Luke’s team got hit with some injuries to Devonta Smith and Ekeler, forcing him to start Iosivas. But I don’t think Mahomes is the QB Luke needs to be starting moving forward. Could we really be looking at a Darnold-Addison? 

🧢: “Luke got screwed by Yahoo Autodraft.”

I still have no idea how Austin Ekeler is still a thing, but DeVonta Smith, Jordan Addison, and Zach Charbonnet have all contributed to Luke’s success so far. Maybe Autodraft isn’t so bad after all..



6. Run It Back! (Gabs) (3-1) [6]

Gabs pulls out the win with an impressive performance by Kenneth Walker. Diontae Johnson has been getting a bunch of targets with Dalton at QB, and Brian Thomas Jr probably shouldn’t be hanging out on Gabs’s bench anymore. The potential Jonathan Taylor injury is cause for concern, but that Bucky Irving stash provides some insurance. The jury still seems to be out on Aaron Rodgers and Garrett Wilson, though.

🧢: “The biggest weakness is at TE, where an unproven rookie Brock Bowers may end up being Gabs’s Achilles Heel.”

I was wrong about Brock Bowers - even though his production has slowed down recently, he looks to be as good of a TE in fantasy as any right now.



7. Terrific Tortoises (David) (1-3) [5]

I genuinely feel bad for David. I guess Rashee Rice hasn’t officially been ruled out for the season, but to have David (wisely) designate Rice as a keeper and to see the potential Rice had for becoming one of the best WRs in fantasy this year makes it all the more devastating. Losing Rashee Rice puts a damper on David’s future outlook, but if he can somehow survive this week’s bye-pocalypse, I think his team will still be ok. To try and keep it positive, his team’s Points For remains middle of the pack, so his (1-3) record doesn’t reflect how many points his team has been putting up.

🧢: “I can also see Rashee Rice paying dividends at his keeper value, but I may have leaned towards trying to keep Ja’Marr Chase, even at an elevated value, to secure that monster RB1+WR1 combo.”

I was skeptical about Rice, but he has returned much better value than Chase so far this season. Rest of season is TBD.



8. I am not sacko! (Jeff Chen) (2-2) [11]

It’s hard to keep Jeff Chen’s team near the bottom of the rankings after it scored the 2nd most points this week. And he did it off the back of Nico Collins. I’ll admit that his team is stepping up and looks better than it did pre-season. 

🧢: “I mean, I guess Nico Collins is a good value at $18 but he’s not a shoo-in to be a bonafide WR2, either. But again, no one on Jeff’s team is really a shoo-in to be a bonafide AnyPosition2.”

I was wrong about a lot of things regarding Jeff’s team, including Nico. I didn’t expect David Montgomery to do so well, and was bearish on JK Dobbins as well.



9. choubacca (Aaron) (2-2) [7]

I’m surprised Aaron was able to pull out a win with Tyreek Hill on the bench, but CeeDee Lamb stepped up alongside James Conner and Zach Moss. Tyreek Hill’s status will be TBD depending on who is playing QB in Miami, but if Aaron can continue to get production from Jauan Jennings, he may be able to hold on until (if) Tua returns. But as it stands right now, Aaron’s outlook doesn’t look great.

🧢: “Overall, Aaron should have a pretty solid start to the season.”

I had Aaron’s team ranked #1 at the beginning of the season, but for various reasons (Tyreek, Rachaad White, LaPorta-Potty), it has been underperforming.



10. Unicorn QueenZ (Tim) (3-1) [9] 

I lucked out this week with Luke’s team putting up a dud week. I think I have to get over Kyler and just put Jayden Daniels in there no matter what from here on out. Having McBride and Davante out didn’t help, but honestly I think my team might hit an upswing with the rise of Daniels, Jayden Reed, and Xavier Worthy. Still not sold, though, so I’ll keep my team lower in the rankings - it more accurately reflects my low Points For versus my (3-1) record.

🧢: “I had some #regretz drafting Davante Adams again - as Jeff alluded to, you’d think I’d learn from last year. But the difference is he was my WR1 last year. Having paid WR2 price for him, I think I can live with his volatility.”

Davante Adams was a bad decision.. Unless maybe he gets traded?



11. Go DJ that’s my CJ (and AJ) (Andrew) (1-3) [12]

I didn’t think Derrick Henry still had it in him. With his monster performance and a solid showing from CJ Stroud, Andrew’s team was able to climb out of Sacko position for now. The problem is sustainability - without AJ Brown, it’s hard to see where Andrew gets consistent weekly production outside of Derrick Henry.

🧢: “Andrew’s WRs are his strong suit, with AJ and DJ anchoring that corps. McLaurin will be a really good Flex play, and that’ll give Andrew some time to evaluate JSN, Doubs, and Shaheed.”

Andrew’s WRs haven’t been terrible given the circumstances, but definitely aren’t his strong suit anymore, with AJ Brown injured and DJ Moore and Terry McLaurin underperforming.



12. Maybabyboo (Laura) (1-3) [10]

Laura’s team had a rough week. Perhaps it was better that Andrew’s team ended up doing so well, because all those bench points probably wouldn’t have led to a win anyways. The season is far from over for Laura, especially with Kelce likely being the biggest benefactor from Rashee Rice’s absence. Her bench points should also provide some hope that at least her team has the potential to put up points on any given week. Joe Mixon’s return should also help.

🧢: “Cut: D’Andre Swift - I know he’s a starting RB in the league, and with RB depth being so shallow, it’s hard to cut someone like that. But he just feels like a wasted roster spot. The fact that Laura is willing to start Cam Akers over him should say something.”

Let’s just say I’m glad Laura didn’t end up cutting Swift.


No comments:

Post a Comment