Saturday, December 19, 2015

Playoff Predictions: Semifinal Round (Andrew vs. Eric)

I haven't peeped the SNF game, so I believe my prediction is fairly unbiased.

This is for Jordy (10-3) vs. JULIOthinkyouare?! (8-5)
Yahoo says that Andrew and Eric are pretty evenly matched this week. I disagree. I think Andrew is the clear favorite here.

QB: Andrew's got Fitzpatrick, and Eric's got Russell, who's been the best QB in the game the past four weeks. Nothing against Fitzpatrick, but I got to go with Wilson here. He plays Cleveland this week. It doesn't get easier than that.
Advantage: JULIOthinkyouare?!

WR: Andrew's got Marshall, Fitzgerald, and Tyler Lockett. Marshall has been on fire right now, and I expect him to keep it up against the Cowboys. Fitzgerald has averaged double digit targets the last four out of five weeks, but unfortunately these targets haven't translated into FF points. He's also losing more and more scoring looks to the younger Brown and Floyd. If I were Andrew, I would strongly consider playing Ginn instead. He's a home run threat every single time Newton tosses him the ball and should be a top 5 FF WR if he had hands. Finally, Lockett was a smart pickup on Andrew's part. He's been a big beneficiary of Wilson's inspired play, and any points he gets will offset Wilson's effectiveness from a FF perspective.

Eric's got Julio, TY Hilton, and Devante Adams--none of which blow me away right now. Julio continues to get a buttload of targets but hasn't scored since like Week 8. I blame Matt Ryan and the fact that Atlanta doesn't look for Julio in the endzone. Hilton is facing the same situation in Indy with Matt Hasselbeck at the helm. Finally, Adams isn't even registering in some games. I'm not sure why Eric continues to play him, but I guess he sees something in Adamas that I don't. Or he doesn't care at this point.

I like Andrew's WRs here. They're more reliable at the end of the day.

Advantage: This is for Jordy

RB: Eric's got Doug Martin and LeSean McCoy in his corner. Both are as solid as they come. McCoy doesn't have as much upside as AP or Gurley, but Doug Martin can hit 20+ points every now and then.

The Vikings are still in the playoff hunt and facing a weak Bears defense. AP should have a good week as long as the Vikings give him the ball. Same with Gurley. I was little worried about how he would play last week given his recent slump, but his performance last week convinced me that he is still worth starting. Andrew's RBs are just more talented at the end of the day.

Advantage: This is for Jordy

TE: Eifert left last week's game with a concussion. I don't expect him to play much. Plus, he's got AJ McCarron delivering him the ball. Reed has been as steady as they come. Andrew's got the clear edge here.

Advantage: This is for Jordy

K/DEF: Normally, I would pick Carolina over Green Bay in a heartbeat; however, I think Eli Manning and the Giants are going to give the Panthers some trouble this Sunday. Neither defense stands out to me this week.

At the kicker position, Cantazaro is outplaying Tucker. The Ravens have hit hard times with so many guys going down.

I'm going to chalk this one up to a tie. Carolina should outplay GB, and Cantazaro should outplay Tucker.

Advantage: Tie

Winner: This is for Jordy
Andrew's depth at WR, RB, and TE should offset anything Wilson puts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment